Quilt chair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt chair

Interesting and random factoid. I'm working on "perfecting" my 1/4 inch seam before I tackle a new project that is a step up in my skill set (Voices of the Past - Amelia Earhart Quilt). I've been working on four patches, measuring seams, measuring blocks. I noticed that the chair I use at the sewing table had been slipping recently - pneumatic failing I guess. I switched out the chair, and voila, my seams are suddenly straight and consistent. I'm sitting higher on my machine. It seems to make it easier for me to follow my guidelines. I wouldn't have guessed.

I'm still letting go of the wheel too soon at the end of a block and getting wonky, but I'm working on it.

Interesting that a chair could do that! I wouldn't have thought of it. Good luck with mastering your new skill. We;ll look forward to seeing it.

Comment

Brilliant fix. I don't know if I would have thought of the chair being the issue. I do know sitting higher helps me at my desk.

If the chair is failing, you can use the bottom and make yourself a cart for a roll of batting. Who remembers where the tutorial for that is?
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• srgreene
        srgreene commented
        Editing a comment
        Oops. Never thought to deconstruct the chair.

Here you go: https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/fo...ting-on-wheels

Comment

I moved my machine in the cabinet so I could sit more in line with the foot and it made a world of difference. When you are piecing little 1” blocks, every little bit matters!

Comment

Working...
        X