Quilt Sharing -Ginny Day 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt Sharing -Ginny Day 6

I started this week sharing some of my older projects so I thought I'd end it with a couple of my more recent endeavors.

20200822_182139.jpg20200822_182435.jpg This is the log cabin Quilt As You Go (QAYG) I recently finished. If I do one again, I will make sure that I have the same value logs on the same sides so it doesn't give it that wobbly look. I love the idea of being able to flip it over and use the red side at Christmas time.

Here are a few WIP's.
    20200823_072825.jpg
    These are a dozen of the Farmer's Wife blocks. I have about 53 of them done. I am really enjoying the hand stitching. I started out by just printing out the templates for all the pieces, cutting the fabric, marking the 1/4" seam lines, then stitching them together. But then I printed out the Paper piecing templates by mistake for a couple of them and decided to try it and, man, I love it. I don't lose my points so often. I will say that I am a bit challenged by the angles sometimes and wind up trimming off the wrong fabric. I am still hand stitching them. Not using the sewing machine. But overall, I really like that method and I will be looking to do more. Maybe my next log cabin.

I have also experimented with making hexis two different ways.

20200823_085202.jpg20200823_085220.jpg
    This is a tablerunner I am working on using paper templates.

20200823_085237.jpg20200823_085248.jpg And this is one using the acrylic template Jenny recently did a tutorial on.
    I like both methods but the big advantage of using the acrylic method is that the batting is taken care of all in rhe same step.

Thank you for looking at my pictures this week and also for your nice comments.

Pam (pcbatiks) will be taking the next turn starting tomorrow and I am looking forward to seeing what she will be sharing. Of course, there are two hurricanes that may interrupt her . If so, we will just be patient. Let's hope not though.

Have a good day everyone.

Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Ginny, thanks for a wonderful showing of your work, looked forward to each day! You make me want to get back in my sewing room.
    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

• Ginny B
      Ginny B commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Cathy. Sharing this week has actually helped get me get a bit of my mojo back.

Ginny, all your work is so beautiful. I purchased the nexus template and have been pondering what this make. The Christmas fabrics really appeals to me so I think that is the way I will go.
    Carlie

Comment

Love them all! Great inspirations for everyone!

Rob
      There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
      --Ken Burns

Comment

Ginny...Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work in our ongoing quilt show. You were an inspiration to us.

I have the acrylic hexie template but haven’t tried it out yet. Now M* has precut packs of batting for the template. How sweet is that!

Thank you again!
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Thank you, Ginny, for sharing your beautiful work with us. I love looking at what others are doing & can get all sorts of ideas from seeing the pictures. I made some hexis coaster once that were fun to make. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Ginny ~ Thanks for sharing your projects with us this week. With all the quilters here, I think we ought to have enough pics to be shared by so many, so we can keep this going for a good long time. Looking forward to seeing what others have created. Even if you're a beginning quilter, don't hesitate to share with us.

Comment

Ginny, each day your work was just beautiful! Your farmer's wife is going to be so pretty when it's done. Hand-stitching is something I would never have the patience for. And I can't wait to see your Christmas hexies all sewn together.
              Thanks for sharing this week!
              ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Ginny it's been wonderful seeing your works of beauty and love. Thank you for sharing. Once Jim and kids are out and in VA, I'll be putting my name in the hat to take a turn... I better see if I can find my pictures from the old camera.... and computer!
                Katrina
                “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Ginny, wow, you are amazing. Love the hexies! Gina

Comment

Working...
                  X