Quilt Sharing - Ginny Day 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt Sharing - Ginny Day 5

You know the fable about the shoemaker's kids not having new shoes right? Well, last year I realized that this house did NOT have Christmas placemats. I had some tablerunners but with all the Christmas placemats I had made for people, I hadn't made any for us. So I decided to remedy that.
    Christmas Placemats.jpgChristmas placemats details.jpg
    I used a cute village Christmas print and backed them with some red and black buffalo plaid . I just did two diagonal lines of serpentine quilting on them and I was very happy that we now have a couple of Christmas placemats to use even if it is just two of them. I should get to work on making a few more for us before it's time to decorate for the holidays.

I like to decorate seasonally so right now these tablerunners are on the coffee tables in the family room and the living room and the flag wallhanging is on the fireplace brick in the kitchen.

Red white and blue tablerunner.jpgRed white and blue tablerunner 2.jpgFlag wall hanging.jpg

I love making the M* zigzag tablerunner pattern and I made this one for a friend who wanted to give it to her daughter and new son-in-law for the holidays. They are a combined faith household and she asked for a Wintry/Hanukkah combo .
    Winter & Channakah zig zag tablerunner.JPG

That's it for today.

If you would like to be part of this quilt sharing fun, please just post that you would. We have a few more people on the list that originally responded that they would like to take part but it would be great if we could keep this going for a good while. You don't need to do it for as many days as some of us have so please don't let that deter you from being a part of this. And you don't have to post more than one thing for each day. We love seeing what everyone creates. It is so much fun to and inspiring too.

Ginny
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Love the table runners. I've wanted to get some done for my house.
    Carlie

Comment

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      I have made table runners for all seasons for my coffee table, which is 5 ft. long. Many of them were practice blocks & practice FMQ. I haven't done very well at changing them this year.

The only quilted Christmas placemats we have we’re a gift from Carol (Sewbizzy) years ago. Just love them and I look forward to getting them out every year.

I love all of your holiday projects today, Ginny.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Great show!! Love your work. I have a few table runners in the works ...makes me want to pull them out and quilt them. Thanks for sharing!!

Comment

Thank you for sharing your things this week you have a lot of different talents in sewing. I like EVERYTHING you have shared! I am so glad you all have done this , when one my kids have time to teach how to put pictures on here I will.

Comment

Great selection of items today! Like you my placemats have all been gifted and had to finally make a set for ourselves. I think that's typical of quilters we love making for others.
          If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Proof again that even the simplest project is a thing of beauty in the most talented hands. Great job!

Rob
            There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
            --Ken Burns

Comment

Thank you for the show today. Your Christmas projects are so cute and playful. Love all the inspiration you have shared with us. Your display photo looks like they came out of a decorating magazine! Time to make a Christmas table runner and some place-mats too.

Comment

So glad you took time to make yourself a few things. Your seasonal items are a delight to see. Thank you for sharing all your beauties with us this past week & I look forward to our next show.

Comment

Your table runners are gorgeous! And I love the fabric you chose for your placemats!
                  ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Christmas is such an adorable time and your works are precious thanks for showing them I love them

Comment

Working...
                    X