I Got It At Last!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Got It At Last!

I ordered two spools of Aurifil that were on sale from an Etsy shop on July 6th. It just got here today after spending weeks in a post office in California. My postmaster here got involved but it still took forever. I would like to say something political here, but it’s bad form. Let’s just say I’m glad to have my thread.

The caveat to this is that I reordered thread from M* and got it a week ago.
    Last edited by Bubby; August 21, 2020, 10:32 AM.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Bubby,

Have you ever ordered from Red Rock Threads? We usually get our orders well within a week, and they have one heck of a selection. Where we live none of the fabric stores carry Aurifil or Presencia, so we have to get them online. I stumbled across them in a Google search, and I have to say I was very happy with their service.

Rob
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

Comment

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      I think I have ordered from them before. My issue wasn’t with who I ordered from but USPS. I will give a Red Rock another try. Since I reordered from MO* and today got my package from California I won’t be needing thread for a while. Thanks for sharing!

• Rob the HOAQ
      Rob the HOAQ commented
      Editing a comment
      That dawned on me after I posted. Guess I'm a little slow on the uptake today.

Rob
      Last edited by Rob the HOAQ; August 21, 2020, 02:00 PM.

Ha. that was strange. I ordered some Borders made Easy and the lady emailed me and said they would be here in three days. I didn't expect that. time will tell.

Comment

Barb, so happy you finally got your order. Did you see the DD today? LOL! Gina

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I saw that! I’m done ordering thread for a while. You should order that...it’s a good deal!

I frequently buy thread from my LQS or at quilt shows where I can see the thread colors & pick out what I want. It's a bird in the hand. Retail is a little higher, but I don't have to order it or pay shipping. I'm currently well stocked with both piecing & quilting thread. In the past, I have ordered my Glide cones from Kingsman Quilting Supply on line. Service was good & prices were reasonable. I don't use Aurifil on a regular basis.

Comment

• Bubby
        Bubby commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t have anywhere to shop here so I have to order online. The closest quilt shop is almost three hours away. However, I got good service from the seller. It was the USPS that messed up. My package sat in California for more than a month. In the interim I ordered some from M* and got it in about two weeks. So I’m now well stocked with thread. Even WalMart is out of thread although I don’t buy thread there normally. I have a supply of cotton thread from Connecting Threads but it’s terribly linty and I have to clean out my machine each time I use it. It makes be glad I have a fairly good stash of fabric and rarely have to order any.

We have a small fabric store here in town but they don’t carry any decent thread and their fabric prices keep going up. It’s also impossible to social distance there. The entrance/exit door, cutting table and register are in the same space. People are always clustered in that area and no one wears masks. It’s also a gathering place for old men who want to pass time because the store owner is quite elderly and loves visiting with his cronies.
    Working...
    X