Quilt Sharing - Ginny Day 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt Sharing - Ginny Day 4

A good portion of my quilting and sewing projects are things I make for babies and kids. Here are a few of them.

Max' Rag Quilt.jpgBack of Max' Rag Quilt.jpg

I made Max a rag quilt for Christmas last year. He is very much into marine life so I chose a couple of whale fabrics. I used flannel on the back.

DSCN0030 (Copy).JPG The year before that I made a quilt for Lily using Chenille It. It was easy to work with and fuzzied up nicely.

Tessa's blocks.jpg Here is a set of stuffed blocks that I made for Tessa. When I first started making the stuffed blocks for the kids, I would applique the letter on them. Now I use my embroidery machine for the letters and also sometimes to add other things to it.

DSC03039 (2).JPGDSC03023.JPGReading pillow - Sit back and relax -- Dinosaur.jpgTessa's unicorn towel.jpgDSC03013 (2).JPGValentine's Owl.jpg I have also made a couple of "birth announcement" wall hangings, tons of burp cloths, some reading pillows, hooded towels are a always a fun thing to make and give. I also have made a combination of the falling charms pattern baby blanket with a self binding backing. And there are always the stuffies too. Aviendha is holding the owl I made her for her first Valentine's Day this year. There have been a bunch of bunnies, whale, dragon, puppies and a few other critters. I love my embroidery machine.

Thanks for looking.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ginny B; August 21, 2020, 08:24 AM.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Everything is so cute! Combining machine embroidery with quilting is so fun and the results are fantastic. It opens up new worlds of creativity. Thanks, Ginny
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

What a beautiful baby girl!! I love all your projects BTW.

Comment

Beautiful work!
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Adorable quilts and projects! It's so nice that you can make such custom gifts. You add that special touch! Thanks for the show!

Comment

Beautiful! I have never made a rag quilt.

Comment

What an amazing collection of beautiful quilts, pillows, blocks and an adorable owl! You are amazing!!!

Comment

Very cute. The unicorn hooded blanket is so cute and I love the pillow.
                Carlie

Comment

Love everything, the unicorn hooded towel is wonderful, you make me wish for an embroidery machine.
                  Thanks for sharing

Comment

Tessa is one lucky child! I especially like the idea of a birth announcement quilt. I never would have thought of that. Well done!

Rob
                    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                    --Ken Burns

Comment

What a great assortment of baby & kid quilts & such. I can see that you have lots of fun making these for loved ones. Burp cloths are really appreciated by moms...I've made lots of them too.

Comment

Love the quilts (1st w/color combo) & the embroidery projects are fabulous. Aviendha so stinkin' adorable! Gina

Comment

Oh I really like the rag quilts! I could have made my pink and green ragged except they are hexagons. Anyway, must make another!

Comment

Beautiful work! Curious how you did th he chenille one? Rachel

Comment

• ktdid
                              ktdid commented
                              Editing a comment
                              If I'm not mistaken, she used chenille it, it comes like a roll of .25" or .50" bias tape, you stitch it on after you make the blocks. Then fluff it up with a brush or wash it. You can buy it at many places, fabric.com, amazon, search for Chenille It tape

• Ginny B
                              Ginny B commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Yes that is what I used. And it is easy to use.

Late getting to the quilt sharing today. Ginny your selection today was a treat for the eyes!
                            If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Working...
                            X