Quilt Sharing - Ginny Day 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt Sharing - Ginny Day 3

Good morning all. I don't usually make quilts for people other than family but there have been a few exceptions.

There was a coworker of my husband's who asked me if I would make a quilt for her mom's hospital bed. They wanted it to be a bit different dimension wise than what they had at home already or what they could find in the stores. Column quilt.JPG It is a Column Quilt by Nancy Zieman. I adjusted the pattern a bit to get it to be size they needed and it turned out to be just right. And the daughter liked it so much that she asked if I would make a regular sized quilt for her room in purples. DSC02943 (2).JPG I hesitated but then decided to do it for her.

I made one Circle of Comfort quilt Circle of Comfort Quilt.JPG I liked the way it came out.

Since people at work knew that I quilted, when a few key people were retiring/leaving at different times I was approached to make signature quilts for them.
    Susan's Quilt.jpgDSC02878 (2).JPG20180308_143325 (Copy).jpg The biggest issue with doing these is getting people to understand that they cannot write/draw into the seam allowance.

Thanks for looking.

Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

I like all of them, especially the column quilts.
    I am getting ready to do mask for a wedding and want to put something on the corner of them, what fabric pen, what pens did you use for the signature quilts.?

Comment

• Ginny B
      Ginny B commented
      Editing a comment
      I used Tulip fabric markers for those doing a drawing of some kind and Micron pigma pens for regular writing. Show us your masks when you make them.

Thanks for sharing. I particularly like the Circle of Comfort quilt.
    Carlie

Comment

For me, it's so rewarding to make quilts for others. Your quilts are beautiful & will be loved by those you gave them to. Thank you for the stories & quilt show today!

Comment

Another great showing of your quilts Ginny! I especially like your comfort quilt.
        If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

I love this group of quilts. You really have a giving heart. Quilters are the best!
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Love the purple!!
            ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Love starting my day looking at beautiful quilts! You know, there are a few people I work with that I would gladly make a quilt if only they promised to leave. 😂 Probably shouldn't say that out loud.

Rob
              There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
              --Ken Burns

Comment

• geegeequilts
                geegeequilts commented
                Editing a comment
                Rob, too true for a lot of my former coworkers, LOL! Gina

• Ginny B
                Ginny B commented
                Editing a comment
                Truth be told, I was not all that unhappy with one of them leaving. Shhhhh! Don't tell.

Ginny ~ The Circle of Comfort quilt looks very familiar. I think it's the one Blondie gifted to DH a few years ago. He uses it every evening to cover his legs when he sits in his chair watching the news. He loves it! It has meant so much to him. Thanks for your gift of love. I've made only 1 CofC quilt which I mailed to Blondie. I have no idea who the recipient was.

Comment

• Ginny B
                Ginny B commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh wow, I didn't know who would get the quilt. Happy to know your hubby is enjoying it.

Those quilts are wonderful, every one of them. My favorite is also the circle/drunkards path one.

Comment

I love your quilts, especially the column quilts.
                No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                Aesop

Comment

Ginny, you really made it hard to choose a favorite today. COC is probably at the top, maybe the columns next. All are fabulous! Gina

Comment

More fabulous quilts to brighten our day. Thanks so much! Love the story with the comfort quilt and how they bring so much comfort and love to others.

Thank you!

Comment

What a great collection of quilts, so different but with some beautiful stories, you are admirable

Comment

Thank you very much Ginny. yes I will try to post pictures.

Comment

Working...
                        X