Quilt Sharing - Ginny, Day 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt Sharing - Ginny, Day 2

Today I thought I would share some of the quilts I made for our grands when they were born.

Max' Quilt.JPG This was for Max. It sure was a lot of applique but it was so colorful.

Silly Goose Baby Quilt (2).JPG This is the Silly Goose quilt I made for Henry. I loved using the fun polka dots.

Pink and Purple Chevron Quilt (2).jpg This chevron quilt was for Lily. Our first little girl.

Zeke's Giraffe Quilt.jpg My daughter in law is a big fan of giraffes so I made this one for Zeke.

Furry Minky blanket.jpgThis is a furry minky blanket I made for Tessa and boy was that a pain to work with. I love minky but this was a bit much. But I did love the way it came out.

Yellow flat minky and flannel blanket.jpg This is a self binding quilt made with flat minky and flannel that I made for Aviendha.

Thanks for looking.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

There is always something special about baby quilts. I've already given 3 this year, only one left in my stack! More baby fabric arrived yesterday!
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I love making baby blankets. I have two friends who are expecting, one her second and another her third. One is due the end of next month and the other in March. Going to have to get going to get the September one done.
      Carlie

Comment

Beautiful quilts Ginny! I especially love that snuggly looking minky one!
        If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Wonderful quilts, Ginny. I love making baby quilts...especially for Grands. The minky one is awesome but I can imagine what a challenge it was to make.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Thanks for sharing your quilt pics. I love baby quilts. I've made many of them, too, mostly for the new babies at church, but also gr. kids. I've never taken up the challenge of sewing with minky. I can imagine how cuddly it would be.

Comment

Beautiful work. I love making baby quilts. I have one granddaughter and I've made her 5 I think, she's 6 now. I've used minky in a few of them. It makes a mess but worth it!! Love your work!!

Comment

Each one of your baby quilts is great! My favorite is the giraffe-- it's so cute!
                ~ Carol from PA

Comment

I'm running out of adjectives to describe these! Some lucky kids (and parents) got some beautiful treasures.

Rob
                  There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                  --Ken Burns

Comment

Beautiful quilts!! Lucky recipients!!!

Comment

There's something about making baby quilts. Yours are so sweet, Ginny. Gina

Comment

Working...
                      X