Quilt Sharing - Ginny Day 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt Sharing - Ginny Day 1

I thought I'd start off with pictures of a couple of "oldies but goodies.

Karen's Tied Irish Chain.jpg
    This is a Double Irish Chain that I made for my sister back in the 90's. I actually made two of them. They were for her couch and loveseat. I tied them instead of quilting and much to my surprise and joy, they are still being used today. They are actually back here at my house now. They had a lot of use "back in the day" and went through many washings and yet they are still together. They were made with polyester batting. They do have a few spots where the stitching is becoming undone but they are still being enjoyed by the grands when they are here, by our cat Myrtle (since one is on a bench where she lays) and even by me occasionally. With the backing being that dark green, it is the perfect quilt to put down on the grass for a little one to sit on.

Blue Irish Chain.jpg
    Then this is another Irish Chain I made for hubby and I after we got married in 2003. This one is not however, hand tied. I just did stitch in the ditch for this one. We still use it but it actually hasn't held up quite as well as the two I made in the 90's. It is still very usable but the colors are fading a bit. That nice blue is looking a bit weary. But we still love it on our bed in the winter. This one has cotton batting.

And now for one a bit more current.

Lattice quilt on the bed.jpgBacking of Lattice Quilt.jpg

This is the lattice quilt I made to use in the summer on our bed. I finished this a couple years ago. I didn't use any batting. I backed it with seersucker and it is the perfect weight for those cooler nights. It took me quite a long time to finish it because other projects kept getting in the way of its completion.

Thanks for looking.

Attached Files
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Thanks for hosting this show for us this week. Irish Chain is one of my favorite patterns & yours look so pretty & inviting. I'm in the "long" process of making a summer quilt for our bed that I don't plan to use batting on. Yours turned out beautiful!! I love the thought of seersucker for backing but I already have my backing bought for mine. So glad to know that all your quilts are loved & used by those intended. Thanks & I look forward to tomorrow's show.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your quilts. The lattice is one of my favorite designs. It's such a good feeling to know your quilts are being used and loved.

Comment

Hi Ginny, lovely quilts! The lattice pattern has been on my to do list for quite a while....one of these days I will hopefully get one started. Looking forward to seeing more of your work
        If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Looking at these, and what has come before, it is somewhat intimidating to think I could ever do something half as nice. Yet, given the kindness and support from all here, I move ahead. Ginny, very impressive!

Rob
          There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
          --Ken Burns

Comment

• geegeequilts
            geegeequilts commented
            Editing a comment
            Rob, you can do it. Gina

• Ginny B
            Ginny B commented
            Editing a comment
            Rob we were all beginners at some point. You will make wonderful quilts I am sure.

Love your quilts! I'm such a traditionalist at heart. Funny I've been working on a seer sucker quilt myself. I'll use batting but had it from making my daughter clothes. Love your finishes!!

Comment

I made a very small lattice quilt, more as a sampler, to see how I liked the pattern. I was too frustrated with getting everything to match up, so I chose not to make a larger one. Thanks for sharing your quilt pictures.

Comment

Love your Irish chains! They are a lot of work to get things matched up-- and you did it perfectly! And your lattice quilt is beautiful! Now I want to make a lattice quilt.
              ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Wonderful quilts. I'm working on a summer quilt right now. Never would have thought of using seersucker for the backing. I live the lattice quilt.
                Carlie

Comment

Love your quilts, Ginny. You know I love the blue/white! Gina

Comment

I love your quilts. Irish Chain andLattice are two of my favorite designs. Beautiful.
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Beautiful quilts! It means so much when our work is appreciated.
                      Katrina
                      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Your quilts are beautiful and so nice to see them used in your home. Thanks for the show today!

Comment

I think I"m in love with your lattice one. gorgeous fabrics in there too. makes for lovely summer nights and Spring ones too.

Comment

These are beautiful.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
                            X