X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone working on Lori Holt Quilt?

i just started piecing Lori Holts quilt
    Farm Girl Vintage 2. I started with the
    large blocks. Chose the cat quilt as my first block. WOW! I had no idea a cat block could have so many pieces!
    Has anyone else pieced this quilt?
    I am in Missouri, it would be interesting to know who else is piecing this quilt and from where.
    Happy Quilting!

I'm in TX and downloaded the vintage house wife but haven't started. I have some UFO's ahead of it. I do raw edge applique but was curious about her method. You can finally find interfacing here again.

Comment

• Bernina2
      Bernina2 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m doing the Farm Girl because I consider myself a farm girl.
      Also because all the patterns are pieced :-). Good luck with your
      house wife quilt. I haven’t seen that Lori Holts book.
      Happy Quilting!

I'm from Alabama and have made the Farm Girl Vintage 2 quilt. Just wait until you get to the 3/4" squares !!!!! I don't know how to upload the photo from my phone.

Comment

• TMP
      TMP commented
      Editing a comment
      War Eagle !! I'm from Alabama also

• Claire Hallman
      Claire Hallman commented
      Editing a comment
      Me, too. But I have to say Roll Tide.
      I did the 6" Farm Girl from the original book, wowzer those were some small pieces. The only advice I have it to trim the blocks to size as you go along.

Thanks for the shot out.
    Not looking forward to 3/4 in pieces.
    The 1 inch were small enough :-)
    Gappy Quilting!

Comment

I haven't done the Farm Girl Vintage as it's not really my style but I have made her Quilty Fun quilt and it's one of my favourites. I'm also working on her Vintage Christmas quilt and loving every minute of it.
      Maria

Comment

• Bernina2
        Bernina2 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ll have to look up Lori Holts
        QuiltyFun Quilt. I just love her quilts. From the response here it looks like a lot of quilters do as well. I love the fact that quilters can use her patterns. We can make the quilt ‘ours’ by choosing
        the fabrics we not only love but use fabrics in our stash because
        small amounts of different fabrics are used.
        Happy Quilting !

I do have all of her books. I've made a few of her quilt blocks into small wall hangings, etc. My next is going to be Quilter's Cottage. Yes, she uses small pieces. I belong to FB groups and a lot of them say starching your fabric makes it a lot easier to piece the small pieces

Comment

• Maria Sews
        Maria Sews commented
        Editing a comment
        I haven't seen a physical copy of that one yet. With the price that these books cost in Canada (I've seen anywhere from $40 to $55), I like to be sure I really like it before I buy!
    Working...
    X