Quilt Sharing- Dove day 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt Sharing- Dove day 4

Today's quilt show features memory quilts. Memory quilts may sound like a sad topic, but I feel that they are a wonderful way to remember someone. The quilts made the recipients very happy!

These two quilts were made for the sister of a friend, using her husband's shirts.

002.JPG001.JPG

The next three quilts were made from the shirts of a person who was very important to me. The first one was for his nephew. The backing has Spoonflower fabric with parts of the Periodic Table of the Elements since the guy was a chemist. The second and third quilts were for his daughter and his mother.

Nate.JPGNate- back.JPG

Julie.JPG

quilt for Mrs R.JPG

I hope you enjoy viewing today's quilt show!

~ Carol from PA

Memory quilts are an important and loving part of what we do as quilters. These are wonderful quilts.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Great examples of beautiful memory quilts. Each design with the different fabrics adds such a personal touch to their quilts. Thank you for showing these quilts today!

Comment

Thanks for sharing. They are beautiful and also reminds me I need to plan my memory quilt using my grandfather's ties.
        Carlie

Comment

I really enjoyed your memory quilts. I've make one in my lifetime & it was so rewarding to know that the quilt would bring back good, long lasting memories for my friend. Thanks for the show!

Comment

Beautiful work with lots of love and memories included.
            Katrina
            “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I've only made a few memory pillows, not a quilt yet. All of yours are beautiful and I am sure are well loved and cherished.
              Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Carol, you never disappoint! What beautiful work!

Rob
                There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                --Ken Burns

Comment

I couldn't pick a favorite, very impressed, with all of them, thanks for sharing

Comment

Your designs are outstanding. I have only made one memory quilt for my SIL's sister-in-law but she was absolutely delighted with it. Thanks for sharing your wonderful quilts.
                    No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                    Aesop

Comment

Oh Wow! I now want to make all of them myself. never will happen but I love them all!!

Comment

These are fantastic! Most memory quilts that I have seen feature fabrics from the departed's clothing, but are usually just a simple 4-patch or charm quilt. Yours are striking because they also feature strong design elements. What a wonderful gift to the survivors!

Comment

You are an artist!! Great memory quilts! I've only ever done them with pictures. I've done three. My grandmother, uncle and cousin. All on my mom's side. Love what you've done!! My dad has been very sick for years, I'm grateful he's still here. If that day ever comes I would love this idea, although I want him to live forever.

Comment

You have such an amazing talent. Those are worthy of blue ribbons....to the recipients. Gina

Comment

What beautiful quilts! And what a loving, caring thing to do. I absolutely love the 3rd one, for the nephew. Did you have a pattern for that?

Comment

• Dove
                                Dove commented
                                Editing a comment
                                It was from a pattern. If you'd like the pattern, I can look it up for you.
                            Working...
                            X