Sliding pencil case. Cool teen gift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sliding pencil case. Cool teen gift

I ran across a pattern for this for $7.00 on Etsy. I thought that had to come from somewhere. Sure enough there is a free tute for it. There isn't written instructions for it, but it's really clear in the video. Cool gift for the Holidays. It will be the next micro bowl craze. lol

https://stitchandsewcraft.com/how-to...g-pencil-case/
    🌺 Lorie

Do you think this would work for quilting small tools for a class? Ex. Rotary cutter, marking pens etc? I liked how the top slides down. Just toss it in a tote bag.
    Diana Grey

Comment

Thank you!

They would make cute gifts. I need to get started on Christmas projects and these will be perfect.

Comment

Well, isn't that clever! I will definitely make a couple for gifts. Thanks for sharing this, Lorie!

Comment

Is there a way to actually download a you tube? I've put this on my bookmarks but would love to have a download or paper copy of the instructions. I like how they have the inches converted for us. Thanks so much for this link!
          Last edited by osewme; August 15, 2020, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Lady View Post
          Do you think this would work for quilting small tools for a class? Ex. Rotary cutter, marking pens etc? I liked how the top slides down. Just toss it in a tote bag.
          Perfect! Everyone will want one! Would make a nice quilty gift too.
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

Thank you for sharing!!

Jeannette

Comment

Does anyone know where to buy the zippers shown in the video? The pull tab is little balls. I have looked online but can't them. I really want to make some of these. Thx.
              Diana Grey

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Lady View Post
              Does anyone know where to buy the zippers shown in the video? The pull tab is little balls. I have looked online but can't them. I really want to make some of these. Thx.
              Found these, but I'll check some more https://www.store.craftpassion.com/metal-zipper-12

They are called a couple of things for searches. Maybe Bubba knows more where to get them.
              ball drop zipper pull
              ball and chain zipper pull

Last edited by Hulamoon; August 15, 2020, 06:14 PM.
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Just an FYI, I found this online that this sliding pencil case has a "brand" name of Delde pencil case. Not sure if it's a patented case or not. Didn't want anyone to get in trouble for copying. Hope no one gets mad at me for checking things out. Gina

Comment

Originally posted by geegeequilts View Post
                  Just an FYI, I found this online that this sliding pencil case has a "brand" name of Delde pencil case. Not sure if it's a patented case or not. Didn't want anyone to get in trouble for copying. Hope no one gets mad at me for checking things out. Gina
                  Check this out. lol

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ng+pencil+case
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

• geegeequilts
                    geegeequilts commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Lorie. Just wanted to make sure no one got into any trouble. Sometimes it works out sometimes not. Anyway, thanks. Gina

• Hulamoon
                    Hulamoon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I noticed how many there were after I posted the tute. I was curious if there were different styles of teaching it. I did see in a comments section about the original source. Seems like no one cares anymore. I taught myself how to make a little girls tiered skirt. All of a sudden people were selling patterns for it and do not copy. Oh brother. lol
                Working...
                X