My gift to my self

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My gift to my self

I gave my self a spinning wheel for my birthday! I am gonna have so much fun as soon as I learn how to spinn !
    I have been busy dyeing yarn and learned finally to crochet socks this summer.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 7 photos.
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Oh, you actually use it! wonderful. almost a lost art. Good for you. Christmas socks everyone!

Comment

What a beautiful art/craft you have taught yourself! You deserve your gift! When I went to New Zealand there were many shops with these in them and selling all kinds of beautiful things. I still have the hat and gloves from that trip.
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

That is awesome. My great uncle had his mom's spinning wheel. I wanted it so bad, but didn't have anywhere to put it. Not to mention 2 boys that probably would have broken it. sigh

Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

When will the sheep arrive?😀 Seriously, have fun with it!

Rob
          There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
          --Ken Burns

Comment

Wonderful...beautiful socks. I have always wanted to learn to knit socks. Your yarn is beautiful!
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Cokie
              Cokie commented
              Editing a comment
              Knitting socks has been on my to-do list too. I actually tried once and it was definitely a learning curve so I only made one sock! Maybe someday I will give it a try again.

My oldest daughter spins and dyed yarn, you will enjoy it so much! Congratulations!

Comment

Anika, spinning yarn, dying it, and crocheting into useful garments?!!! You are amazing.
              Diana Grey

Comment

Oh how fun! Have a wonderful time making socks. I love handmade mittens and chunky warm sweaters. Keep us posted on how you are doing, how hard is it to learn, etc.

Comment

Oh My! How wonderful that you treated yourself, and also keeping a lost art alive in this day and age. You have my full admiration and amazement!

Comment

You should try nalbinding with some of that yarn
                    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

What a beautiful spinning wheel & so glad you are going to learn to spin. I love, love, love those socks!

Comment

Hurray for you, Annika! You're tried several new things this year with your FMQ & quilt painting. More power to you with this new challenge. BTW, how is your brother doing?

Comment

Thank you all for your kind words ! I am having so much fun. I order some wool roving and it should arrive sometime next week. Can not wait. For now I am just practicing with control of the wheel. Clockwise and anti clockwise spinning.

As for my Brother, he is out of the hospital. He still is not 100 % but so much better than he was.
                          sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                          The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
                          A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
                          And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

• JCY
                            JCY commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Good to hear this news. I hope he continues to get better. So many have had lingering issues. Thanks for the update.
                        Working...
                        X