Quilt sharing- Dove day 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt sharing- Dove day 2

Here are four more quilts for your viewing in today's quilt show.

The first is a wall hanging done with a lot of applique.
    birch trees.JPG

The second one is a kaleidoscope from an Eleanor Burns pattern.
    butterfly kaleidoscope.JPG

This third one, a bargello, is from quite a few years ago. It lives with my daughter now.
    Surf Song bargello.JPG

And the last of today's quilts is the Loyal Union Sampler, from Elm Creek Quilts.
    Loyal Union Sampler 2-16.JPG
    Hope you enjoy!
    ~ Carol from PA

Love today's selection of quilts! I especially like the loyal union sampler quilt and looking at all the individual blocks. How long did it take to do that quilt?
    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

• Dove
      Dove commented
      Editing a comment
      It did take a long time but I can't say exactly. After starting it, I broke my ankle and couldn't get downstairs to my sewing room for a few months! There were a lot of template and paper piecing blocks. A lot of work, but it was worth it.

Amazing and beautiful quilts, every single one of them!
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

That bargello is stunning. I am sure your daughter is thrilled to have it.
      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

They're all beautiful!

Comment

All four are amazing. I especially like the Loyal Union Sampler...what a ton of work! The bargello is beautiful, too. Great selection for today...thanks!
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Unbelievable! The amount of work that is evident in each quilt is staggering. I like the Loyal Union sampler the most, but I wouldn't turn my nose up at any of them.

Rob
            There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
            --Ken Burns

Comment

Beautiful work, I especially like the Union Sampler. I'm a huge Jennifer Chiaverini fan and have all her books. Just pre-ordered the new quilt book based on the Harriet's Journey. I have a couple other quilt books, too. The birch tree applique is something I would like to do, birch trees were my grandfather's favorite tree. Is there a pattern for that or was it something you designed yourself?
              Carlie

Comment

• Dove
                Dove commented
                Editing a comment
                The birch trees wallhanging is from a kit "Autumn Birches" by Cathy Geier. The fabric is Danscapes by Dan Morris for RJR Fabrics.

Oh, my goodness! Those are unbelievable! I especially love the one with the birch trees.....looks just like the area around my cabin.

Comment

Wow, is all I can think, everyone of them is stunning.

Comment

Amazing quilts!!! Bargello is my favorite however the birch trees is a very close second!!!

Comment

What amazing quilts! So many pretty details....the bargello and landscape are today favorites.
                    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Beautiful quilts and wall hanging that really show your talents. Thanks for the show today!

Comment

Absolutely gorgeous, every one of them.

Comment

Love the bargello!! Gina

Comment

Working...
                          X