Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever have a custom Accuquilt die made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever have a custom Accuquilt die made?

If so how was the process? Was the cost prohibitive? We would like a die that works with the Accuquilt Go that would cut 12 inch half-square triangles. I don't even know if such a beast is possible. I sent in a request for a quote, so I guess I'll soon see, but if anyone has been there before I would appreciate hearing about your experiences.

Rob
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

I haven't ordered a custom die. Be sure to note if you want 12 inch as the finished or cut size.

Do you get the emails? There is an on-line event coming up showing the new products.

Comment

• Rob the HOAQ
      Rob the HOAQ commented
      Editing a comment
      I do get the emails and saw the event. I also did say that I wanted a 12 inch finished die. Thanks!

Rob

I don't know if there's a 12 " Die out there....but Sizzix has a lot of Quilt Dies. What's more, Sizzix and MSQC has partnered and Sizzix has a lot of great dies that Jenny & MSQC.
    https://www.sizzix.com/catalogsearch...+Quilting+dies
    Due to neurological issues, I have trouble cutting a lot of things (sure which clothing patterns came all ready cut!! (my hubby Terry used to cut all my clothing patterns years ago...WOW....it's those little things that spouses/partners do that you remember, right?)....so these dies are quickly becoming all time favorites.

Curious....why would you want....need a 12" square die?
    Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

• Rob the HOAQ
      Rob the HOAQ commented
      Editing a comment
      I found a quilt I would like to try to make someday, but it has about 15 12-inch HSTs. We have a number of Accuquilt HST dies, with the largest I've seen at 8 inches, but it would be nice to have a 12 inch.one. They make bigger dies for the Accuquilt Studio cutter, but that's way too expensive for us.

Rob

I have checked into getting one made to help out in the making of the items for Days For Girls. It was going to be about $150, and we decided we didn't need it that bad so didn't have it made.

If you go to the website there is a form to figure it all out and they contact you a few days later to let you know the price.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• Rob the HOAQ
      Rob the HOAQ commented
      Editing a comment
      I did submit the form earlier today. My guess is that they would be able to fit half of it on the biggest die the Go can handle, but not both sides. Of course, one would then be able to still make three 12-inch blocks, but if they want $150 for it, it's likely I'll just use a ruler. Thanks!

Rob

• bubba
      bubba commented
      Editing a comment
      That's what we decided too! Plus, it forced us to find a better way to do what we needed to do.

Just got the quote back. It would be $145 for one half of a 12 inch finished die, as two half squares would not fit on a 10x24 inch board, which is the largest board an Accuquilt Go can handle. While obviously that would work (cutting up to six layers of fabric would give you three 12-inch half square triangles), I'm just not sure about the price tag. As I said, the quilt I want to make has 15 12-inch HSTs, but I'm not sure how much after that I or Cheryl would use it. Will have to take some time, talk it over and decide.

ETA: We have decided not to move forward with the die. Just can't justify the cost versus use.

Rob
    Last edited by Rob the HOAQ; August 13, 2020, 09:20 PM.
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

Comment

Working...
    X