Creative Grids mask template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creative Grids mask template

Hi! Like many others, I’ve been making masks for myself, family, and friends. I’ve primarily used the med sized option. I’m presently making some large sized masks for men who have asked for them. For those of you who have been making masks, what length of elastic do you find fits men? The template recommends 7 1/2 - 8 1/2. The mask is quite long across the face, and I’m wondering if it will fit. I find this the hardest part - ensuring masks fit. Any recommendations or suggestions will be appreciated.
    I promise not to buy any more fabric until I see something I really like. Or it's on sale. Or I think it might match something.

I would do 7-1/2. I have that template and made some ladies masks and cut elastic at 7 inches and it was a good fit. I think 8-1/2 would be awful big unless the person was chubby or has a thick beard. My husband has a beard and is kinda skinny. He tried on a med mask with 7 inch elastic and it was a little loose fitting at the nose. I made kids and ladies masks with the CG template and they were too big. I adjusted the way I made it and posted here on the forum of how I changed it up. Search for "Creative Grids face mask template, tweaked" that I posted about a week ago. Let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

I also have made masks with the Creative Grids template and I find them to run a little large too. For the median size I cut the elastic 6 1/2" and use the mark on the template to create a fold on the side of the mask and that seems to make a better fit. I made the medium size for my husband and used 7 1/2" of elastic.
      If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

I also make Creative Grids template. I make mostly the medium now , the small fits my 8 year old grandson perfect. I just made a few of those. My SL is a tall thin man and the large was way to big for him. I really like the fit of this mask in the medium size and I adjust the elastic length for different people.
        Last edited by TMP; August 11, 2020, 02:11 PM.

Comment

I'm another CG template user. Like you gals, I make mostly the medium size using 6 inches of elastic. Like Cathy, I make the pleat on the sides which seems to help the fit. I also use plastic floral wire (comes in a roll, and is flat) in between the two layers in the nose area.

Comment

Working...
          X