It Annoys Me....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It Annoys Me....

It annoys me that fabric manufacturers don"t put any information on the selvedge edges of solids like they do on prints. It makes it nearly impossible to reorder a fabric you've had for a while. Does this bother you?
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Sure does, even a different dye lot will make a difference.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Oh my gosh yes! I just came across this annoyance just last evening. It couldn't cost that much to print that little bit there.
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

I'm with you...too. I hate having to order several shades to get the right one.

Comment

There is no need for the info on selvedges like there are on prints. It's a single color and color died before weaving most likely, and doesn't require registration of the screens to get the print in "focus." Those color dots on your prints are registration marks- not necessarily for your info. Any other info is just a bonus. If future needs info is required, keep better notes.
          You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

• Bubby
            Bubby commented
            Editing a comment
            I am not referring to the color dots...just the name of the manufacturer and color number would help so much.

• JCY
            JCY commented
            Editing a comment
            I suppose if one buys fabric at the LQS, that info. could be obtained off the end of the bolt, but not when doing mail order.

I always clip a bit of the fabric and glue it to paper with the brand and color name written down. I use a LOT of solids.
          TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

• Hulamoon
            Hulamoon commented
            Editing a comment
            Like a paint chip. I was once organized like that. lol

• auntstuff
            auntstuff commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, just like a paint chip.

• CarlieBlilie
            CarlieBlilie commented
            Editing a comment
            Love that idea.

Very much so. I tried snipping off a piece and glueing to paper and writing info down, but of course that didn' t last. I had good intentions...

Comment

Kona makes a color card with swatches of their solids. I ordered one from Amazon but it didn't arrive yet.
            ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Yes, it would be nice to have the info on the edges. One of the LQS prints a label with the stock number and amount of fabric on it. I leave them on the fabric pieces and save the receipt.

Comment

It would be very helpful. Most times I'm excited about starting a new project the last thing I'm thinking about is writing down the info on the selvedges. A good idea to write it down though.
                If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Very good idea to write down but like Cathy, I jump in there I think i will and never
                  get it done , the different whites are especially hard

Comment

• Hulamoon
                    Hulamoon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeh, like when several companies name a white 'snow' .

I have been writing the info on a slip of paper and pinning it to the fabric before putting it away-either folding or wrapping it on boards. This has saved me many times.
                  One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

Working...
                  X