Sharing our quilts day 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing our quilts day 4

For those who asked about the basket pattern yesterday I posted it in the day 3 thread.
    Thought' Screenshot_20200807-092822~2.jpg I'd mix it up a bit today. I love working on my embroidery machines and probably use them more than my sewing machine. Here are a few of the things I've made in the past.
    The Baltimore Album is one of my favorites that I made and it hangs on my staircase. The American flag was a lengthy project as each star is individually embroidered then sewn on the blue field. It's hard to see in the picture but the Pledge of Allegiance is embroidered in the quilt as you go blocks all done in the hoop.. This was made for my nephew who was in the marines. The pumpkin and snowman are free standing lace/applique designs from OESD. The snowman was gifted to my sister.
    Thank you for looking.
    Last edited by Cathy F; August 9, 2020, 04:53 AM.
    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

That's amazing work, Cathy!
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m so glad you are showing these incredible pieces. Each one is a stand-alone masterpiece! I couldn’t say which is my favorite. The flag is spectacular but the Baltimore album quilt is also fabulous. I also love the OESD projects, which are quite a challenge to execute. Your work is always perfect!

• redcaboose1717
      redcaboose1717 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with Bubby, Caroline I really need to start using my Embroidery more.....I love the American Flag.....it's awesome! Thanks so much for sharing!

Awesome! Every one of them.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

I love your Baltimore Album-- such pretty colors together! The flag quilt is great- that was a nice idea to add the pledge of allegiance to it. I especially like the snowman and pumpkin. I've done some FSL on my embroidery machine- angels, a Santa's sleigh, and lots and lots of roses. They are a lot of work but always worth it.
      Thanks for sharing!
      ~ Carol from PA

Comment

All of them are beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
        Carlie

Comment

Your Baltimore Album Quilt is awesome ... the prettiest one I've ever seen. Congratulations!

Comment

The plural s in embroidery machines makes so much sense when you look at the beautiful work you create!

Comment

• Cathy F
              Cathy F commented
              Editing a comment
              They are the best investments I made, I can while away the hours creating on them! LOL!

Beautiful!!! I need to learn to do that. I have a machine. Love all!! My 3 sons are in the Army we come from a strong military families.

Comment

I remember when you made the flag quilt! I was so in awe of how complex it was but very beautiful! You are a master with your embroidery machine!

Comment

All your works are amazing, thanks for showing them

Comment

Working...
                X