It's here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's here!

The new sewing machine is here! It only took 28 hours from the time I ordered it to get here. I don't think I was this excited since I talked Cheryl into us getting a John Deere riding mower!

Will have to wait until Cheryl gets home to get some help on things. I got it out of the box and got some of the stuff put together, but winding a bobbin (which I tried, and failed, twice to do) seems beyond me at this point and as for actually threading the thing, the directions might as well be written in another language. I found out it takes a lot longer to unwind a bobbin then it does to wind one.

Rob
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

Very nice..youtube is your friend!!

Comment

Yay! It's a good looking machine. I swear by Janome machines. Enjoy!
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I have a Janome and love it, but looks like you got lots more cool features on yours. Have fun!

Comment

YouTube was going to be my suggestion, too. Just enter your model no. There should be "how to" videos to walk you through all the features. Enjoy your new machine.

Comment

Congratulations! It looks good, you be able to figure it all out and with Cheryl's guidance.

Comment

Enjoy your new baby. I've learned plenty from You Tube, it can really be your friend.
              Katrina
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Congratulations on your new machine! I favor Janome machines and I find them very user friendly and reliable. I have two plus an Elna combination machine that is made by Janome and they are all a pleasure to work with. My Janome embroidery machine is a real work horse and it gets a ton of use.
                If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Well, I finally figured out the bobbin, but Cheryl had to thread it. Plus, for some reason, the automatic needle threader isn't doing what it should, but that may very well be our fault. We'll look at it later. So far, I've been going through some scraps trying to get seams to line up and learn. It will be a good long time before I'm ready to tackle the Comfort quilt, but there's no hurry.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'll keep everyone appraised.

Rob
                  There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                  --Ken Burns

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Well it sounds like you are on your way to becoming a quilter. You got the new toy, unboxed it, played with it a little (unsupervised) and didn't manage to break it. Received a few lessons from you wonderfully patient wife, and have taken a few "test runs". Yup, you're on your way, but there is ONE VERY IMPORTANT thing yet for you to do before we can take you serious as a quilter - Cheryl can help you with this too.....

You have to choose a name for your new sewing machine! This is no laughing matter, our machines are our friends and they respond to our moods and respect us when we respect them. Choose a name wisely, and your new machine will be your friend and comrade in your journey!

Comment

• Rob the HOAQ
                        Rob the HOAQ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        For me that's a no-brainer. I'll name it Betty, after my late mother, who exposed me to quilting and taught me to appreciate it. She also had nothing but Janome in her sewing room.

Rob

Which machine is that behind it? It looks like a Janome 1600. That’s my new OLD baby, but I have sewn on Janome straight stitch machines for 5 years now and love them. Just bought a used one for traveling to workshops and retreats. Have a Singer S16 ( in my daughter’s possession now) and HD9 I love those machines. But hope you enjoy your new one! Lots of bells and whistles!

Comment

• Rob the HOAQ
                        Rob the HOAQ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It's acttually the MC6650. She got it about four months ago. It replaced a MC6500 that was having computer issues.

Rob

There's a lot of YouTube videos for this same machine that might be of help to you!!
                      https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...=janome+m7200+

Congrats on a new sewing machine!
                      Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                      http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

What a great looking power tool for you! I love my Janome Magnolia 7330 but I wish I had more decorative stitches. I didn't think I would use stitches much so that wasn't very important when I was looking for a machine. Now I wish I had more. Looks like you did great with your purchase. One think I found out about the needle threader on mine. If the needle is not in the exact position it won't work. Just turn your machine off & then on again & the needle will reposition to the right spot & the threader will work fine.

Comment

Those needle threaders work good even though there are some who report problems. In addition to osweme's tip have a look at the needle.

Make certain it is installed correctly. It's possible to get it in rotated slightly. Make sure the flat is to the rear. The needle bar hole is indexed but if the clamping screw is too loose it can inserted out of rotation. Use a small mirror on the bed to see the hole. After awhile it becomes second nature. Also make sure the needle is inserted fully against the stop. This will cause stitching issues but also the needle threader "hook" will not engage the hole. Make sure the needle is not bent, and there's no damage to the eye.

Have a look at the "hook" to make certain it's not bent. This happens when forced with the eye and hook not in alignment. It's easily straightened, but a replacement is also available. Have a look at the needle's eye as well.

Needle type and size. This is important to the operation of the threader, but the proper needle will improve the stitch quality for piecing. A topstitch needle has the largest eye so the threader has a larger target, and the dropped stitches in thicker seams is reduced as well as maintaining proper tension. There's a lot of info on the reason for this, but I won't go into that here. Thread size dictates needle size. 50 wt.= 80/12 needle, and 40 wt. needs a 90/14 needle. Again there's more info, but for now... not important. Become a thread and needle snob and a lot of problems are eliminated.

The spool orientation is another subject for another time.
                          You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

• Maria Sews
                            Maria Sews commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I love having the needle threaders on my machines! One thing I've learned when it doesn't seem to be working is.... it's usually user error (in my case, anyways).
                        Working...
                        X