Sharing our quilts day #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing our quilts day #2

Screenshot_20200804-072545~2.jpgScreenshot_20200804-073021~2.jpg These are two small paper pieced log cabin quilts. Same pattern two different Screenshot_20200804-072536~2.jpg looks with the fabric choices and arrangement of the pieces, The pastel one is hand quilted. Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by Cathy F; August 7, 2020, 05:49 AM.
    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Log Cabin is my favorite quilt pattern. The blocks can be set together in dozens of ways and look totally different. The fabric you use makes a huge change in the outcome also, as I see in your pictures. The technique of cutting the logs different widths can give the look of curved blocks. It’s a great pattern. Love your quilts, Cathy!
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Love the quilts and your fabric choices. It's always fun to how they work in the design and look so different. Thanks for showing them to us!

Comment

Beautiful quilts. Love the Christmas fabric one. Log cabin is one of my favorite patterns. Haven't tried it paper pieced.
        Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Thanks for sharing pics of your lovely quilts. They're all beautiful.

Comment

Very beautiful, I especially like the Christmas one.
            Carlie

Comment

Awesome works of art!
              Katrina
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

They are both beautiful, lo e seeing people's quilts , thank you

Comment

Beautiful quilts! I was watching Eleanor Burns the other night when I couldn't sleep and I wasn't aware of the history of the Log Cabin block. The center is always supposed to be red to mark the warmth of the home. The light fabric represents the sunshine coming into the home and the dark fabric are the shadows. It's my favorite block and I've used it in probably half of the quilts I've designed.

Rob
                  There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                  --Ken Burns

Comment

I absolutely love the one using Christmas fabrics!

Comment

I love them both, especially the pastel one! The flowers you added to the corners make it even prettier!
                      ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Both are beautiful, absolutely love the holly quilting on the Christmas one.

Comment

Love the Log Cabin but WOW n the pastel version! Beautiful, Cathy. Gina

Comment

Beautiful quilts! Love the holly & berry quilting on the Christmas quilt. It's always interesting to see same quilt patterns showing different results due to choices of fabrics.
                            "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                            Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Love your quilts ....I've got a scrappy red white and blue log cabin in progress...makes me want to finish it..It has star blocks with the log blocks. I'm on the stars then will put it together.

Comment

Working...
                              X