Sharing Our Quilts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing Our Quilts

For the past two weeks or so I have been sharing pictures of my quilts because I feel we need something creative to focus on if only for a few minutes. While I’ve enjoyed sharing, it’s time for me to share the joy.

Cathy F suggested that she will take the reins and post pictures of her beautiful work for 5 days. At the end of the 5 days someone else will take over for 5 days, or less if you don’t have enough projects for that long. We would like to see this continue. It gives us a chance to get to see what’s going on in our sewing rooms and maybe motivate us to get sewing if you are in a slump. We grow by sharing.

This project is open to quilters of all levels...newbies to old timers. You new quilters might be surprised to know how much we learn from you. Please volunteer to take a turn showing us your work in progress, or your sewing room or quilts in your collection. Your projects you share don’t have to be current. It’s all good. This is all about sharing and getting to know each other.

Because Fall will be here before we turn around I decided to share my Halloween Crazy Web quilt and the tote bag I made to store it in. The bag makes a cute decoration on its own. This project was made with scraps plus a little yardage from my stash. The webs were paper pieced. I love the saturated colors of Fall and Halloween.

Thank you all for your support for this project....be blessed.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bubby; August 4, 2020, 06:37 AM.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

That’s a great idea Barb. I’ve enjoyed seeing some of your quilts again.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• Bubby
      Bubby commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope to see your quilts here, Pam! No pressure..no worries.

• Nwmnteacher
      Nwmnteacher commented
      Editing a comment
      You are so incredibly talented, Barb!

Good idea, I will take a turn at some point.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

What a great idea! I'll take a turn down the road
      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Great idea, Barb!
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Oh this is a great idea, I so enjoy all of the beautiful quilts.

Comment

Love the idea, love your quilt, love YOU Barb! What a sweet idea. I may be willing to jump in as well....
            sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

• Bubby
              Bubby commented
              Editing a comment
              Love you too, Libby!

Great idea. I have enjoyed seeing all your quilts.
            Carlie

Comment

I've enjoyed seeing your quilts Barb. I'll definitely take a turn. What a great idea!
              Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Is there a trick to getting a photo onto the forum page. Do I have to upload to an album first? I haven't played around very much with this new forum format. I don't like not having that gallery view like we used to, so I love seeing the quilts posted in the forum.

Comment

• Bubby
                  Bubby commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’m the last person to answer how to do something with our new format. I used pictures that were already in albums on my iPad. I clicked on the attachment icon twice and then chose upload from photo gallery. When I was in my photo gallery I clicked on the picture(s) I wanted to post. Then I clicked on Done and waited for the photo to upload. I hope this helps. Surely someone else can make more sense of it for you.

• JCY
                  JCY commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You can upload pics from your picture files on your computer. They do not have to be in a Forum Album. Once the pic has loaded (it will say "working"), select the size of your pic, thumbnail, small, med, large. You have to do that for each pic you attach.

I'd love to take a turn although 5 days would be a lot of computer work for me. How will we know when it is our turn? Are you going to moderate this for us and notify us when we should step up?
                Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                Terry

Comment

• Bubby
                  Bubby commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You can participate for less days if five days is too long for you.

Ideally the person who is currently posting will take care of recruiting the next person. I will keep an eye on this best I can.
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• grammaterry
                  grammaterry commented
                  Editing a comment
                  count me in

I can't wait for this to start-- I love seeing everyone's quilts! And I would like to participate, too. What a great idea, Barb!
                ~ Carol from PA

Comment

• Bubby
                  Bubby commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We will make sure you get included. Thanks for offering.

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your quilt show & loved the idea that it continued with Cathy F's quilts & will go on & on with others who are going to keep this going for a while. Thank you so much for starting the ball rolling on such a great idea!

Comment

• Bubby
                  Bubby commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you for the sweet note. I thought it would be nice to have a few moments of inspiration and calm to look forward to every day. I hope you will be able to participate with your quilts. Hugs...Barb

Would love to join you! Love seeing others wonderful creations!
                sigpic
                Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Working...
                X