Care of Crochet table cloth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Care of Crochet table cloth

This is going to sound horrible. I have a tablecloth /bed spread that is made of tiny thread not yarn and its huge. I believe its all cotton. My grandmother for as long as I can remember every night sat down and made these tiny round crocheted circles. Every time I would go see her she would pull it out and show me. I was grown when she finished it and gave it to me. She didn't make anything like this for any of her other grandchildren. Well, I am an old woman now. My entire life it has been in my cedar chest. Its in perfect shape no holes , some minor discoloration. I have really never have know what to do with it. I am wondering should I hand wash it ? If I did how on earth would I ever get it dried . I do remember she told me not to send it to the dry cleaners. I don't crochet and I have no idea how to take care of things like this and have been thinking maybe its time to pass it on to my granddaughter.
    Last edited by TMP; July 30, 2020, 07:15 PM.

If you pass it on would you let her repurpose it and make something fun and cool out of it? If she says I don't want it, say make something. Maybe brainstorm with her? Are you super attached to it?
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Its awkward, but not difficult to wash them. I have one I made. I just do it in the tub with a mild soap and cold water. Drain and rinse well. Too large to lay out and block, so I hang it over a clothesline to dry tugging it into shape as it dries.
      TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

I wash and dry mine in the machines. Never had an issue its handmade by a friend. Only thing I could never crochet. I would wash it in a pillow case and hang dry if it were mine due to size. That would look awesome on over a table cloth or bed spread depending on size.

Comment

https://www.thespruce.com/how-to-car...ankets-2146311
          I found this

Comment

Wrong spot.
            💫 Star lover

Comment

Working...
            X