Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone familiar with a Singer head 31-15 machine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone familiar with a Singer head 31-15 machine?

There is a Singer head 31-15 on a 12' quilting frame listed in a local classified section that I am thinking about taking a look at. Does anyone know anything about these machines? The only info I have is that it "was quilting when turned off a few years ago" and that it's free. I am trying to arrange a time to take a look at it. I figure that even if I didn't want to use the machine, or it wasn't running, the frame would be worth a 2 hr drive at the price. I know these machines are from the 1940-1950 timeframe, if not older. I believe it was an industrial machine in its day. Any insight on this machine would really help. Thanks

Yes- it's a commercial machine and there's a really good possibility that there are parts if necessary. That era Singers are really easy to fix and tune. It's a belt drive with a heavy duty motor in it's original configuration. I'd be interested in how they adapted the drive. I'd be there to get it already. Post some pics when you get it set up.
    You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

Originally posted by oldmanquilts View Post
      Yes- it's a commercial machine and there's a really good possibility that there are parts if necessary. That era Singers are really easy to fix and tune. It's a belt drive with a heavy duty motor in it's original configuration. I'd be interested in how they adapted the drive. I'd be there to get it already. Post some pics when you get it set up.
      I will go look at it tomorrow, and unless it's a rusted out hull will be bringing it home. If it does need work that the DH can't or doesn't want to do, I can take it in for a tune up and have it checked over. It's too hard to pass that price up if there is anything usable between the machine and frame.

Comment

Working...
      X