Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone used the Snap Hoop Monster embroidery hoop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone used the Snap Hoop Monster embroidery hoop?

If you have used the Snap Hoop Monster hoop, please give me your pros and cons about it. I'd be interested in hearing your comments, and how you use it. Is it worth the price? And what size is the best to buy? Thanks in advance.

I can see where it would be an advantage if I planned to quilt a quilt or move some pieces larger than my embroidery design size. If I were buying it for thicker materials I don't have the need. I'm able to hoop denim just fine and that's as thick as I'd embroider. Can't justify the extra expense. Sorry. No experience.
    You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

I watched a video about it--- I'm wondering how strongly the fabric is held while the hoop is being moved by the machine. The magnet looked to be pretty strong but I'd like to try one out before spending $200+ on one.
      ~ Carol from PA

Comment

• oldmanquilts
        oldmanquilts commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought there were some pins placed around the perimeter to grip the fabric and the top piece with magnet held it all down. Maybe I should look closer.

I have two of the large size hoops and use for quilting ITH. I think one is 9.5 x 14 for dream machine and the other is 10.5 x 16 approx. Yes, the hoops hold the sandwich well. Be careful putting the hoops together, they will "snap" your fingers. Never store the two parts without the cardboard separator between them.

I bought the larger size when upgrading my machine. The cost of the hoop was recovered in one quilt project. The quilt was approx 70x 72 and did require multiple hoopings. There are techniques for hooping and lining up the embroidery across the quit field.

Love the hoops!

Comment

I bought one of the 9.5 x 14 hoops. I haven't used on a quilt yet. I did test it to make sure it was compatible with my Babylock Meridian, which was not listed on the box. That is one nice thing about Baby Lock; all Baby Lock hoops will work on my machine. I'm looking forward to trying the snap hoop out. I like the edge-to-edge quilting but don't enjoy the constant re-hooping.

Comment

I have a Bernina 880 and since January I purchased the Jumbo and Large Oval size. Both were used to quilt large designs on quilts. I literally could not have done it without these hoops. The machine has no problem recognizing the hoops, they held the quit very firmly, but still small adjustments could be done to just tweak the position. Centering the area to be quilted was super easy. They both paid for themselves with one quilt. Having these has opened a completely new world as far as quilting goes....no longer will I be forced to either stitch in the ditch, other straight line quilting or send it out for long arm quilting. I'm a fan.
          Barbara

Comment

Thank you all for your helpful input.

Comment

Working...
            X