Dutch quilts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dutch quilts

I was randomly lookin at Dutch quilting sites, I came upon this quilt, first one is the whole quilt, the second is a closeup! I pretty sure it's all hand pieced. The seam / stitching is on top with a Zigzag stitch, I really like the look , it all matches up perfectly. oops, I clicked the wrong heading post
    Last edited by ktdid; July 29, 2020, 05:26 AM.
    Kathryn
    Man, Despite His artistic pretensions, his sophistication, his many accomplishments, Owes his existence to a Six-inch layer of topsoil and the fact, That It Rains! anonymous

Beautiful quilts!
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

why can i find your reply to Dutch Quilts on the far right of the screen but cannot find the original post? just wondering. this happens at times. weird. like a reply on it's own.

Comment

I really love those. Wish I had the time and patience to do one- even machine pieced. Most of those are no doubt produced by a group at a quilting bee.
        You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

I love how the little squares in the blocks are on point. Wonder if the blocks were made large & cut down like that or if they were actually pieced like that. I'm thinking they were cut down. What say you?

Comment

• ktdid
            ktdid commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm pretty sure they were not cut down, this is a vintage quilt, I have my grandmothers 1930 - 1940 postage stamp quilt that's partially pieced, the exact measure of each tiny square is 0.50" = 1/4" finished !!! I'm serious
        Working...
        X