Making a Tablecloth...need advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making a Tablecloth...need advice.

I bought a charm pack to make a simple tablecloth for my RV since the table is rather small. Do I need to use batting or some sort of interior lining or just add the backing and quilt it?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

i would just back it.
    sigpic

Comment

I think if you use batting it won't drape like a normal table cloth. It would become a table topper. So I vote for just lining it too.
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

Depending on the size of the table and clearance with the drop and seating, maybe a topper would work better. Just a thought. I'd still not put batting in it though.
        “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
        “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

I would sayno you don't really need the batting in there for a tablecloth but without it your tablecloth won't have much definition in your quilting. No puff if you know what I mean.

Comment

You could try a layer of fabric in the center instead of batting. I sometimes use flannel that’s been prewashed and dried.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I would not put a batting in the tablecloth. But you will still have to do some sort of "quilting" on it to keep the two layers together. A table topper would be an alternative as suggested above.

Comment

Working...
              X