• Show
Clear All

Make a "Starstruck" Quilt with Jenny Doan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH4AqcHwt9E

Enjoy !
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Personally I am not fond of the gold used. To me, it takes away from the quilt.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• Vonnie
      Vonnie commented
      Editing a comment
      Your right! Just had to look at what you were talking about. That gold overshadowed everything. But the Christmas quilt was pretty. A friend of mine made a binding tool star with purples and she used a very light color for the background. It was gorgeous.

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree about the gold fabric. Didn't like it at all.

I am not sure about that plain gold either..I like to use Grundge fabrics when it calls for a plain colors..they add a little more definition to the colors...
    my main question today..is what did Jenny do to her arm? It looks like it was really sore..hope she has healed well..as I know these are filmed in advance..but just could not pull away from how sore she looked on hand and arm..healing prayers Jenny..

Comment

• JulieC
      JulieC commented
      Editing a comment
      She said in another video she had some fibroid's removed from her arm.

Another vote against the gold background here. I liked the ones she made out of the Christmas fabric.

Comment

One more vote for no gold. In fact I did not even see the star in the quilt, my eyes focused on the gold squares, those beautiful blues were lost to me. It was nice to see the holiday quilt at the end, that one was gorgeous!
      One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

I was wondering if the gold was pulled from the flowers in the strips? It's over powering, that's for sure. I do like the pattern. I want to go back and see what the difference in this and the Binding Star Quilt is.
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I think a pale yellow would be a better
          choice than the gold.
          The gold was too dark and over powered the blue stars.

Comment

I can't get past that gold either.
            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

dizzy-smiley (2).jpg
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
              X