Clover Wonder pins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clover Wonder pins

safety pins with covers you can use with one hand! very interesting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03M86fbH5Uw
    they are brand new, just coming out.
    .. just bought some. might like them a lot!!
    Last edited by nativetexan; October 20, 2020, 03:53 PM. Reason: bought some--

Looks very interesting.
    Carlie

Comment

They look great but OMG who can afford these at almost $1 apiece, pack of 20 is $18.13 at Amazon not incl shipping. One pack would not even be enough for a table runner. I would love to try them but just too much $$.

Comment

I have an alternative for you, same concept but way more affordable. Paula Jean's Kwik Klips and her accompanying fastener are fabulous. Not only that, her business was local to me before I moved, so you'd be supporting a small business, not the big Clover conglomerate.

Here's the Amazon link to the three products you'd need: https://www.amazon.com/Paula-Jean-Cr.../dp/B0016IZIJI
        Scroll down to the "Frequently bought together" section to see the whole kit. You get 200 really sharp safety Dritz safety pins plus Paula Jean's covers. Then you use the brass tool to fasten the safety pins. It's a really nice system. The only thing is that you have to put the covers onto the safety pins yourself, using a small pair of pliers. I just kept them by the TV couch and did some in the evenings; it took me about a week to get all the covers on.

I tried going to Paula Jean's website directly, but my anti-virus software kept blocking it as a risky connection. Sometimes those blocks are temporary, but who knows? For now, Amazon is probably your best bet.

EDIT: I often don't fasten my safety pins, so you could consider the brass fastening tool to be optional.
        Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

• jjkaiser
          jjkaiser commented
          Editing a comment
          Well that's interesting. I used your link to look these up but I am confused how it all works and if you have to have curved pins. I have about 500 safety pins, most are straight not curved, so could these covers work on my pins? I don't have any trouble opening or closing my pins when basting a quilt, and I always store my unused pins open. I probably will not order these but it's good to know what products are out there.

• Hulamoon
          Hulamoon commented
          Editing a comment
          I was just coming to post that! Way more affordable.

• GuitarGramma
          GuitarGramma commented
          Editing a comment
          Jocelyn, you sure can use these covers on your existing pins. I bought hers (well, Dritz's) because my existing safety pins were frustratingly dull. One of the few things that I do have unpacked are these safety pins, so I measured them for you. The covers are 1-1/16" long and attach to the straight side of the safety pin. My pins on the straight side are precisely 1" long.

I have the Kwik Klip and use it. long ago i tried putting those colorful covers over pins. once you get them on, they worked well enough. Yep, these pins are expensive when you think of pinning a large quilt. If i ever find them on sale or the price just goes down after awhile, i may try them yet! quilters choice!

Comment

Way too expensive. And as for leaving holes in the fabric one wash and they're gone.
          ~: Ron :~

"You cut up fabric and then sow it back together again? Really?"

Comment

A lot of times my hands swell, so I don't use safety pins anymore. Instead I use water soluble thread double stranded on long doll needles. Using really big stitches it goes pretty fast. and I don't have to remove anything, quilting right over the basting!
            Kathryn
            There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

• GuitarGramma
              GuitarGramma commented
              Editing a comment
              Kathryn, that's brilliant!

• ktdid
              ktdid commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Toni, actually it was the easiest & laziest way.
          Working...
          X