Help , writing patterns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help , writing patterns

Hello, I'm in search of someone to help me learn to write patterns up. Most of all my quilts are designed by me, and when I share them ,everyone what's the pattern. Being dyslexia I need help... Could someone please tell me where I can learn to write patterns or some one who could help me write them.
    Burd 20200620_195622.jpg

That's an adorable quilt. I love your borders. I do hope you can find someone to help you with the writing of patterns.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I belonged to a quilt quild in Germany and that's where Kimberly Einmo started designing, the woman in the guild would pattern test. You can always write it up and have a friend pattern test ...get feedback then make any corrections.

Comment

That's a really cool quilt! There is a seller on Etsy and I believe she designs everything on a computer program. I'll look for it so you can see what I mean.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/HumburgCre...g_id=256091356

They look a little too computerized to me.

Here's and article with a program that even calculates the yardage. She mentions a free trial (I think)

https://suzyquilts.com/how-to-make-a-quilt-pattern/
        Last edited by Hulamoon; July 8, 2020, 12:14 PM.
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

I had to slap my hands for trying to figure out how you did yours. i love it! but i have so very many I want to make and so little time. Lovely quilt!! good luck.

Comment

I've been struggling with the same problem. I have started and then I've found a fellow quilter (my sister) she proofs and makes suggestions. Its trial and error at this point. I wish you luck.

Comment

Hi Burd, That's a really beautiful quilt! I might be interested in helping you write your patterns. Over the last couple of years I have written my own quilting and cloth doll patterns to sell on both my website, and to also teach as online classes/workshops. The programs that I use for all of my quilt patterns is Electric Quilt 8 and WPS Software.
              Have a creative day.
              Happy Quilting.Hugs Katie

Comment

Working...
              X