Another quilt shop lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another quilt shop lost

I am visiting family in CT - the quilt shop I have always visited while here is closing their doors. OH - when I finally had a moment to go, there was a sign on their door. They have one more week (if I remember correctly) and they will be closed for good. So sad. They had a beautiful shop and so many beautiful fabrics to choose from. I wish the owner much luck (Quilting By The Yard, Vernon, CT). I know you will be missed.

I think there is going to be a lot of that. My sister told me the LQS up the street (Pins & Needles) is closing. It is one of three stores and not the main store. I bought two of my machines from there. I'm not too surprised. It is a small store. With social distancing, it has a maximum capacity of 8 people. How could they stay in business? I'm hoping the main store in Middleburg Heights survives.

Comment

Yes, you are correct. But it is still so sad.

Comment

I am fortunate that our local store , Little Shop of Stitches, (just over 5 years old) has weathered this pandemic. The max capacity is 15 including staff. They have used online shopping and deliver to car to keep going. It is hard for small businesses to stay open even in the best of times so it is important to shop local whenever possible to help them survive.
        No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
        Aesop

Comment

Working...
        X