Janome 400e questions-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Janome 400e questions-

Anyone here using one? The question is... Is there an stitch count display somewhere? What I want to do is track the number of stitches after a full bobbin is installed. I'm currently noting the design stitch count so a bobbin change can be made before it runs out mid-design. That's a pain and handwritten notes are so 20th century. BTW I'm getting about 34,000 stitches out of a full bobbin. What's your experience?

I've only had this a couple weeks so I'm still learning. Too much fun. Shoulda bought one a long time ago.
    You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Are you using pre-wound bobbins?

I use them and haven't done a stitch count with them yet. The specifications indicate 145 yards on a bobbin for my machine size. Wow, that's a lot of stitches and fun to know! I check the bobbin in between thread changes or when the machine stops in a spot before it picks up the next area. My machine has the sensor to let me know when a change is needed but I hate doing that in the middle of a stitch out. It does go right back in place afterwards without issues.

PS; I will also write down the stitch count if there is a problem. Easy to go back to same spot. Write down the position if you move the design out of the original center position too.

Comment

I've never checked the stitch count for bobbins before. Might be interesting as I use Superior Bottomline on my bobbins and they hold about 3x more. Also with the big Bernina bobbins, it could be at least a gazillion!
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Here's a little info that some may find useful- well, at least those who have machines using class 15 size bobbins. You guys with the oddball sizes(Bernina, Pfaff, etc) are on your own.

I ran a bobbin out and the "low bobbin" message showed at 59,000 stitches. I ran over that and pulled the bobbin at 62050 stitches. There was a bit left, but after about 60,000 it had thread break issues. It actually wasn't the thread breaking, but a failure to pick up the bobbin thread when starting at a new position. I haven't changed the bobbin tail cutting length yet, but I suspect that will fix it.

I haven't tried any pre-wounds yet because they (Bottom Line) are almost 2x the $/yd. I can change bobbins more often possibly, but I consider it pretty cheap labor.
        You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

I use a Janome 15000 embroidery machine and when winding my own bobbins, using Janome bobbin thread, Bottom Line or SoFine, I would only get about 25000 stitches per bobbin. This machine has the low bobbin warning, and reassess at each color change. But I bought some prewound bobbins made for a different machine ( still Class 15 bobbins) and I got upward of 80000 stitches using these bobbins. WhhhhAaatttt? I was shocked but the difference! My only guess to why this difference occurs is how much of the top thread wraps under each stitch. These bobbins are very inexpensive and I can pick them up at a local quilt shop.

Comment

• cv quilter
            cv quilter commented
            Editing a comment
            Jean, what brand of pre-wound bobbin are you referring to? I am interested. I have never used pre-wounds.

• oldmanquilts
            oldmanquilts commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes- would like to know the brand also. 80,000 stitches?!! That would be helpful
        Working...
        X