Storage bags for quilts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storage bags for quilts

anyone have favorite bags to store quilts in? I've looked and looked. i have some old ones and they shrank in the wash. So no shrinkage is a must in new ones. there are bags galore out there so it is hard to choose. and measurements of most are in centimeters.

I have purchased the ones sold by M* when they were Daily Deals. They're rectangular shaped with a zipper...more firm than a bag. The ones I bought fit a queen.

Comment

oh yes, i looked before. Thanks, will do again.
      well not finding any anywhere that look good. did however find some at Annie cloth. but that is in England!! sigh.
      finally decided, i must make my own. i will use pre-quilted fabric. and use zippers from my old bags. now to find the time!
      Last edited by nativetexan; June 13, 2020, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Make your own. Add zippers or handles if you want. Why buy them pre-made? You could have a bag made before you could find the "checkout" button, and no shipping delays.
        You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

I bought a bolt of unbleached muslin and made bags w/zippers for all my quilts when I moved because they were going to be in storage for 6 mos while my house was being built. I researched and this is what was recommended ex for my situation. I could customize the sizes needed. Super easy and fast to do and a lot less expense.
          "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

sounds great. thanks.

Comment

Or just make a pillowcase from leftover fabric and store the quilt in it.
              Vonnie

Comment

I use pillowcases.
                By the way - to avoid getting permanent creases in the batting from the quilt being stored, fold the quilt on the diagonal. Here's a video that illustrates how to fold diagonally:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-waYZSCyOA

Comment

Working...
                X