• Show
Clear All

Make a "Cactus Carnival" Quilt with Jenny Doan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04FBW7sLX38

Enjoy !
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

I wasn't super wild about this one at first glance, but I love watching Jenny so I stuck with it. The more I watched the more my creative juices started flowing and now I think I am in love with this quilt and can't wait to make one! 😊
    Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

Wow! I love this so much. I know it is not for everyone but this one really speaks to me. How darling!!
      Debbie

Comment

That is cute! And what a way to use the templates in another way. Nice to have more uses than just the typical ones.

Comment

I think that is darling and very creative. Perfect for someone in the Southwest or someone that loves that area.

Comment

I really like the look of this quilt and will use my AccuQuilt to cut different shapes for the plants. I need a quilt to gift to a neighbor who is moving to assisted living and hope she’ll like this. I’ll make it smaller than shown.

Comment

Love it! I live in the southwest...I actually have some extra row by rows from new Mexico and Texas that I think I'll incorporate together with the cactus blocks...creative juices going!!

Comment

This is cute and a creative use of the templates, but it's not something I would make. I think some individual squares with the cactus would make cute wall or door hangings.

Comment

I agree with Cokie, it would work for a wall hanging.....pretty much any size you wanted. Could make to fit an awkward size space on a wall that needs "something".

Comment

Working...
                  X