Burrito Pillowcase question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burrito Pillowcase question

I have been asked to make a burrito pillowcase for my DGD to take to college. She wants it to match the quilt I made for her for Christmas. However - the only piece of fabric I have left over is not quite long enough. The main body of the pillowcase is supposed to be cut to 27x40 but my fabric is only 25 x 42. I'm wondering if I could cut the cuff 2 inches wider to make up for the difference.

I think that is a great idea!!!

Comment

I've done it. I've made tons of these and honestly they are oversized usually eats the pillow. You can do without the 2inches as well. Ive probably made 20 at least. Either way she'll love it!

Comment

• Carol336
        Carol336 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's kinda what I thought too. I've made them before but it's been several years and I do seem to remember that they are really roomy. Thanks for your input - now off to make a burrito pillowcase.

What is a burrito pillowcase?
      TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

I just made pillow cases for my bed. I make them longer for queen sized pillows. This time I cut the cuff 9" and the length of the pillow, longer. I don't do the 2" contrast piece, that often. Usually only for the kiddos.

I do french seams all around though.
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by auntstuff View Post
        What is a burrito pillowcase?
        You fold up the ends together so the seam is inside.

bpc.jpg
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

I think that would work just fine.

Comment

I do that all the time, 24” by WOF for the body, 12” by WOF For the cuff.

Comment

• Carol336
              Carol336 commented
              Editing a comment
              Wonderful to hear. Thanks so much Jean.
              Stay safe

Anything that equals 36" in total length works out fine....X WOF....I would make it 25" main fabric, 11" for the cuff...by your 40" wide. It will work out just fine....I have made hundreds of these for the hospital.
            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

• Carol336
              Carol336 commented
              Editing a comment
              I know you have made many of these Marilyn and I was hoping you would chime in with your expertise. Thanks so much. Hope you are staying safe.

Originally posted by auntiemern View Post
            Anything that equals 36" in total length works out fine....X WOF....I would make it 25" main fabric, 11" for the cuff...by your 40" wide. It will work out just fine....I have made hundreds of these for the hospital.
            Carol, You are quite welcome.
            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X