To all quilters on forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To all quilters on forum

You must yell louder to me when you know i'm making a mistake! another one. sigh. i am making my nine patch in three sections. that was fun enough. last night i cut the ten inch purple border for the bottom and then the top. then cut five inch border for the top!! yep, did that. then this morning i laid the quilt out on the two tables and sprayed the batting for the side border. for some reason, the fabrics did not adhere! at all!!
    turns out again-yes again- I used my spray starch!! goodness. now waiting for that to dry so i can actually use the basting spray. so yell louder people, please!!

Sounds like it might be time to slow down, I always make my worst mistakes when I am rushing.

Comment

well the basting spray is going back into the closet when I'm done with it this time. Evidently I don't read cans!!

Comment

I always make the most mistakes when I'm in a hurry. If the cans look similar you could put a cover on the one to make it more readily identifiable.
        Carlie

Comment

Ha. maybe a big red bow!!! I'm using old age as an excuse 👵

Comment

• redcaboose1717
            redcaboose1717 commented
            Editing a comment
            That works with some of my family and friends, but not all especially with my oldest sister who seems to think I'm wiser than she is and know everything!!
            Tried to convince her that isn't even remotely true, but oh well, I tried!! The bad thing is when I'm around her, I have this feeling that she's right and then of course I have to come back down to earth and face the truth! LOL!

Take a break!

Comment

Oh Dear!

With my most stern grandma look, giggles! Put a red label on the can. LOL.

Comment

I read this with a bit of a sense of relief, as I am quite prone to doing stuff like this. Thank you for sharing. I am sorry for your extra work, but it adds to the story of the quilt.

Comment

If only our quilter radar worked that way. Usually it only alerts us to fabric sales to share with others! 😁
                "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Originally posted by nativetexan View Post
                  You must yell louder to me when you know i'm making a mistake! another one. sigh. i am making my nine patch in three sections. that was fun enough. last night i cut the ten inch purple border for the bottom and then the top. then cut five inch border for the top!! yep, did that. then this morning i laid the quilt out on the two tables and sprayed the batting for the side border. for some reason, the fabrics did not adhere! at all!!
                  turns out again-yes again- I used my spray starch!! goodness. now waiting for that to dry so i can actually use the basting spray. so yell louder people, please!!
                  It is actually good that you used starch instead of spray glue rather than gluing something you wanted to starch.

Comment

yes it is. I got scared there for a minute until i realized the starch would dry and i could go on. correctly this time. I did look at the stupid can but evidently the words meant nothing to my tiny brain at that moment. 😴

Comment

Lol....at least this mistake just required you to sit and wait. 😜
                      "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Mistakes and all, it is finished. Photos in Show and Tell. The stories this quilt could tell you if it could only talk!

Comment

Mistakes! Makes you want to tear your hair out right! The other day I did some cutting of yardage. Wait. Why do I suddenly have two separate pieces? I had the selvedge on the wrong end and cut my strip at the fold. I couldn't believe it. I never made THAT mistake before! And I am pretty sure I never will again lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X