thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thread

Just curious-how many of you use colored thread vs a cream or grey or netural color for piecing?

I use "eggshell" (cream) for light fabrics & a med. gray for darker fabrics for piecing.

Comment

Yes, I do mostly use neutrals but will try to use matching colors if quilts are darker theme. Just depends.
      "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I also use the cream or off white for light fabrics and light grey for the darks.
        Carlie

Comment

Mostly neutrals or black for dark fabrics, except when I have a matching color in my stash I am trying to use up.

Comment

A lot of time, I use a light gray. It goes with nearly everything. Unless it's white or black, then I use those colors.
            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I use neutrals. I do a lot of raw edge applique and tack it down with the button hole stitch so I save my colors for that and quilting. In regular sewing I use colors for top stitching.

Comment

Raising my hand to admit that I will use threads with different colors. I will also use embroidery thread for piecing and bobbins. Right now, I'm running some partial bobbins through the machine for piecing to use them up.

Comment

I use Master Piece thread in cream or light gray. Sometimes I use black. If some stitching appears after pressing the blocks or if the seams get pulled on the longarm (I make the fabric very taut) I use Sharpies to color the thread so it matches the fabric.
                  ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Originally posted by Rhonda K View Post
                    Raising my hand to admit that I will use threads with different colors. I will also use embroidery thread for piecing and bobbins. Right now, I'm running some partial bobbins through the machine for piecing to use them up.
                    I also do this. I hate to unwind good thread from bobbins. And a lot of the fabrics I use have a lot of color in them.
                    Vonnie

Comment

for piecing, i use what ever is on my machine.

Comment

I have lots of beautiful colors of Aurifil thread, and I use them. A few months ago I tried Polyester thread for piecing and bought neutral colors and that works just fine....there's just something happy about all those colors.
                        Barbara

Comment

Mostly I use cream and use my colored thread for basting. I now only buy colored thread if needed for specific project since I don't use it that much and thread has gotten so expensive.

Comment

Working...
                          X