Did I miss something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I miss something?

After a 6 month sewing slump, I finally got over it this weekend and decided to start on my nephew's quilt. I cut the blocks and went online to Joann's to order solid black and grey to finish the block. I can't get black or grey fabric anywhere! Tried both local Joann's, Hobby Lobby, Wal-Mart; even M* does not have it. I was at Wal-mart Saturday and passed by their sewing department and noticed they did not have 1 fat quarter; didn't think to much of it a the time though. What is going on that I can't get basic black and grey yardage?
    Donna

2 words: Face Masks Now try to find elastic less than 1/4 wide!

Comment

What Caroline said!
      *~* Myrna *~*
      *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Thousands of bolts has gray and a couple shades of black. Moda bella solids. Sometimes you have to go to the places that only us quilters know about. Great resource to look at is the find the bunny game, their site has bunches of links to quilt shops!

Comment

Yikes...all because of face masks? Geesh....Keepsake just advertised the Amish black.... And fabric.com or Miller's Drygoods usually has it at lower prices...
          "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
            Momofmonsters5 commented
            Editing a comment
            I was thinking millers dry goods too...the name left me. I love the prices there and thousands of bolts has great discount prices too.

I went to the Walmart near us yesterday and there was no fabric except flannel!
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I looked at Fat Quarter Shop and no kidding all the solid blacks are out. I don't see very many black masks on the news. Strange.
            "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"ā€• Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Could be the supply chain for fabric is slightly broken right now? Most all fabric comes from countries other than the US, and the whole world is in lockdown/quarantine mode now, my guess is the factories that make and ship fabric are shut down too. Just a thought......

Comment

I just checked fabric.com they have Kona wide solid black in stock! it said they have 200 yds.in stock
                When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted
                Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Here it's been the distributor that was closed so, even though the fabric is available, the distributor is closed so it isn't being sent to stores.
                  Maria

Comment

Backside fabrics had black if you're willing to cut it down. They were advertising it this past weekend.
                    Katrina

ā€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.ā€
                    ā€• Maya Angelou

Comment

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I have never heard of these sites. I thought it might be a combination of people making masks and possibly production and delivery. I had ordered again on Joann's website this morning and later in the afternoon got an email my order was cancelled. I picked up the phone and called M* and placed my order for black and grey solid fabric. I am hoping the grey is going to look ok next to the black; the person I spoke with was very helpful. Well shall see when I get my order
                      Donna

Comment

Working...
                      X