• Show
Clear All

Turn a TV Tray Table into an Ironing Board with Misty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHpzQ3_fqxM

Enjoy !
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

I made one of these quite a few years ago - stapled the whole covering underneath the table. Have been wanting to change out the fabric and add a wool pressing mat but dreaded pulling out all those staples. This is a perfect solution, just add the wool mat to the top and make a drawstring cover. Another of those "duh" moments.......😄
    Thanks for posting!!

Comment

first tv tray i was thinking of where the old fold up light weight ones. not a good ironing option. but years later i had wooden ones. don't want to drop one of those on your toe!! very heavy and would do well for ironing. especially next to your machine!!

Comment

Looks like I will be making a reusable cover to go over the 2 I currently have.
        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
        sigpic

Comment

I have one that I stapled with that silvery fabric but I may make it a pretty cover one day. It would be nice to use something with lines so you could square up blocks as you press them.

Comment

• MSN
            MSN commented
            Editing a comment
            Claire, I was told that you can use a Sharpie permanent pen to draw lines on your cover. I haven't tried it, though. Donna Jordan places a 4-ft. metal ruler (from Home Depot or Lowe's) on her pressing surface and lines her strip sets up against that to make sure they aren't warped.

thumbnail[1].jpg
          I made the tv tray ironing board and used it for years, but it was never really tall enough. I found this on sale at Costco. I think its a kitchen cart. I also have a larger pad than the one shown that I can put on top

Comment

• Claire Hallman
            Claire Hallman commented
            Editing a comment
            I just use one if I am sitting, it is great for squaring hst if I put a rotating cutting board on top or as a pressing table at retreats or sit and sew.

the information is very useful, thanks

Comment

Working...
          X