iron soleplate question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iron soleplate question

Hi! I have a Black and Decker D2030 iron. I have been steaming a lot and the soleplate looks awful. I will attach a pic. Any ideas on how to remove the film (if that's what it is) or clean it? Thanks in advance!!
    Attached Files

I use... https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...t-iron-cleaner
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Comment

• Hulamoon
      Hulamoon commented
      Editing a comment
      I have some of that too.It says it cleans glue guns too. I wonder if it will clean off my fabric glue bottle. Off to see!

Weird, it looks like the properties of the metal changed. Is it coming off on your fabric?
    "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

I like that iron cleaner also, if you need it quickly my Walmart carries it.

Comment

Thanks, everyone! I found one small tube I had bought years ago and my iron looks amazing now!! Just ordered some more.
        Attached Files

Comment

• oldmanquilts
          oldmanquilts commented
          Editing a comment
          So, I just gotta ask... Nice job on the iron BTW. Your member name, "fairlanemama," suggests you are a Ford fan? If so, are you a collector? Racer? Daily driver? What years are you talking? Or, maybe it's nothing to do with cars.

Glad that worked for you!
        Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
        ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
        X