Viking Topaz 30 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viking Topaz 30 help

Hey friends. I bought a Husqvarna Viking Topaz 30 from an individual. The bulbs were dim, so I replaced them. I double check to make sure the wattage was the same. After I turned on the machine, the lights came on and had no problems. After a few minutes, the machine started smoking. I quickly unplugged my machine. The casing that held the one bulb by the needle melted! I’m so disappointed. Like why would this happen and what can I do?

I'm not really sure about trouble shooting that one. But I wanted to mention a YouTube channel that I use for my Pfaff. She does videos on several machines, but if you type in yours and save it to favorites you can bypass all the other stuff, Here is your machine.I did see light bulb in the list some where.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Heirloo...iking+Topaz+30

"People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

IF you have a Husquvarna/Viking Dealer in your area, I'd been calling them.....you might have to take to to be serviced perhaps!
      Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
      http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

I have a Viking Opal 670. Thus far, I've never had to replace any of the LED bulbs. Of course, I bought the mach. new & have had it maybe 5 yrs. I hope you can get if fixed soon.

Comment

I have a Topaz 30, never had that issue. I second what redcaboose 1717 said take it to a dealer. Can you contact who you bought the machine from and see if they had it serviced lately and or what dealer/repair place they use? Did you buy it from a private person or a sewing machine store? So very sorry about this new toy of yours giving you a headache. Hope you can discover the problem.

Comment

scary.
            that sounds like a wire is touching something it should not ,perhaps in bulb holder fitting, perhaps somewhere near by, would consider getting sewing machine to someone to fix asap.
            just wondering does the bulb have 2 solder connections or just 1 solder connection on bottom? check old and new bulb side by side. if its that should be an easy repair

Comment

PM Oldmansewing. He seems to know a lot about Husqvarnas. I have a Topaz 50. Good machine, but Viking has gone way down hill with the China mfg. Our LQS stopped carrying the machine and there are fewer technicians than there were.
              Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
              Terry

Comment

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
                PM Oldmansewing. He seems to know a lot about Husqvarnas. I have a Topaz 50. Good machine, but Viking has gone way down hill with the China mfg. Our LQS stopped carrying the machine and there are fewer technicians than there were.
                No PM's regarding this issue please. If your Viking isn't 40 years old, I know nothing. The electronic Vikings are a different animal. It's not totally clear which bulbs were replaced, but I suspect this issue goes a bit deeper than a simple electrical problem. What you do is make sure it's covered in your homeowners policy and plug it in.

You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

make sure the bulbs are the same size and shape. Same wattage can come in a multitude of shapes. Sounds like bulb may have touched the plastic housing and melted it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X