• Show
Clear All

Sewcial Distancing: Checking in on Friends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae8ynRZT188

Enjoy !
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

I saw this video this morning, and it's SEW cute! Jenny watches out for us all, doesn't she?
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

I really don't have any quilting buddies since Bonnie passed and that's okay. My retreat isn't completely off the table just yet. Supposed to be May 25. We shall see what happens with that.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

She has reminded me to check on a friend that has increasing dementia.😢 We used to e-mail, text and go to dinner weekly but she has quit using her computer and cell so all I can do is call. I will do that today thanks to this reminder.

Comment

You all are my quilting buddies, I check this forum everyday!

Comment

I really don't have any sewing buddies either. I pretty much sew alone at home. But I do have quilt guild. We have met on Zoom the past 2 mos. Last mo. 67 of us were on; this mo. there were >80 of us. One thing we recently did in our guild was to have a Round Robin of caring hearts. A caring heart is a quilt block 5" square with an appliqued heart in the middle. We usually send one of these to someone when they've had a death in the family or are very ill or having surgery. We were supposed to send a caring heart block to the person next after our name in the membership roster, & 2 others to anyone else, preferably someone we didn't know very well. The guild has had sewing days on Saturdays with open time on Zoom for people to drop in any time. The ladies were making masks. At last count, we had made 8,122 masks! How 'bout that?!

That was a nice post from Jenny.

Comment

Ahh...I guess I'm with MomofMonsters5, I don't have any quilting buddies since I moved to MT, but come here for that encouragement and camaraderie. I would LOVE to find some local buddies, but, I've seen no indication of any type of 'crafty/quilty/sewing' possibilities in this area.
              But
              THANK YOU JENNY! You are my sewing buddy. I can watch you and sew along any time.

Sage..crone of quiltless buddies.
              😎 Happy Thread tails and trails

Sage

Comment

No quilting buddies here either. About 25 years ago I belonged to a Quilt Guild. They were so "clicky" and one lady so nasty and critical of me that I quit. I feel that my quilting buddies are right here and I check in every single day! Thank you all!!!

Comment

So sorry that happened to you, there are mean girls everywhere aren't there? I have found most people that sew are nice folks. I treasure my peeps here and the ones I have met through my local guild.

Comment

Working...
                  X