Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping busy

I am adventuring in to thread painting,

Here is my rose. I painted the rose with Derwent Ink tense pencil and used textile paint for the background. It is hard to see in the picture but the background color is very light silver.

Should I put in some white thread in the rose as High lights or will it not work ?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

wow that rose is fantastically superb,
    am not sure, your fading and detail work nicely, the background is gorgeous too.😍😁

Comment

Very pretty! I love the details with the pencils and the thread.

Do you have a pale pink thread to use instead of white? I usually try putting some thread on the design to get an idea. It' s not the same but the right color should call you name.

Do you have to heat set the pencils?

Comment

Beautiful, Annika! I would not have the patience for this detailed work.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhonda K View Post
          Very pretty! I love the details with the pencils and the thread.

Do you have a pale pink thread to use instead of white? I usually try putting some thread on the design to get an idea. It' s not the same but the right color should call you name.

Do you have to heat set the pencils?
          No Derwent Ink tense pencils becomes permanente when they ar wet, So I draw and then I use a brush to wet it. when dry I iron. Then it is permanent
          sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
          The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
          A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
          And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

That is stunning! You are very talented.
            Tracie

Comment

I agree, you're very talented. As far as the thread.....try it, I think it might be pretty!
              Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
              http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

That is such a cool medium and shows off all your different talents. I love what you are doing and each step gives the flowers such depth. Idk about the white thread, me I would go with something dark, brick red or deep rose but you will make it look fabulous!

Comment

Working...
                X