No announcement yet.

Advice on upgrading my machine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am leaning toward a Janome....now if I can just visit a dealer within 100 miles (tricky!) that will be open during these strange times...

Comment

and thanks so much for all of your valuable opinions and help!

Comment

I have a Janome and I love it. It's about 10 years old and I had one prior to that which I gave to my daughter. I've not had any problems with it in that time although usage was low until I retired last year.
        Carlie

Comment

Well, I thought I would post an update... Last weekend I was visiting my grandmother, and she really wanted to get out of the house. With all of this social distancing, she had only seen a couple of people. She lives in a VERY rural part of Montana, so you could say she already practices social distancing without trying, but I digress. We went to a town about 150 miles away, which, to my delight had a Janome dealer. I spent far more time in the sewing machine shop than I intended-with Grams patiently sitting by. (no one in my family sews but me)
          Well, after literally walking around the block, in an attempt to not make an impulse decision, I purchased a Janome Memory Craft 6700P. I had drooled over this machine on the internet, and with the special financing, I bit the bullet and exceeded my budget.
          I work long hours and haven't had a chance to actually use it yet, but I did get it set up and am eagerly anticipating several projects which I have lined up! Thanks again for all of your input!

Comment

• MAMSAN
            MAMSAN commented
            Editing a comment
            Congratulations,
            You will love your machine.

• oldmanquilts
            oldmanquilts commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm curious where in Montana as well. I spent 5 winters in NE at Glasgow AFB. That was a long time ago. The base closed when they discharged me! LOL

• jwchristy
            jwchristy commented
            Editing a comment
            I had the 6600 for several years and then got the 7700. Main difference was the free arm. Absolutely no complaints or problems with either. Well, except that I wore out a foot pedal that I replaced.

It was meant to be. Congratulations!
          "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Congratulations! May you enjoy many years of creativity with your new machine.

Comment

I think it is better to opt for the update

Comment

Working...
              X