Sewing Machine Woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sewing Machine Woes

I have a BL Brilliant, and I broke a needle tonight. Needle caught on the fabric as I was removing it from the machine, and it just broke off. Now the machine is out of commission. Doesn’t work, wheel won’t move, completely unhappy. Is this to be expected anytime I break a needle - that the machine will need service? (Not that I break them often) Or is this an outlier?

Is the needle still on the thread or go down into the machine? I've had that happen both ways.

I have a babylock too, but I think with any computerized machine, maybe turn it off so it resets its self. sounds dumb, but I read that somewhere.
    Last edited by Hulamoon; May 3, 2020, 02:36 AM.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Did you find all the needle pieces? There may be a piece of needle or thread jammed in underneath the bobbin area. Take the needle plate off and the bobbin case out of the bobbin area. Look in the area for any pieces of the needle, etc.

Check the bobbin case for any nicks or breaks. Do you have another bobbin case for your machine?

I always turn the machine off/on to see if it re-sets after an error code or needle break.

Comment

Thanks for your replies. I really did a number on my machine this time😢It’s in the shop, but hope to have it back soon.

Comment

Working...
        X