• Show
Clear All

Make a "Mini Double Nine-Patch" Quilt with Jenny Doan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff9JdH6AmR8

Enjoy
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Pretty, but I don't think I have the patience for such little blocks.

Comment

Me neither and I know keeping the seams accurate would drive me crazy. Love the quilt though.

Comment

I love this pattern but I think the flowers on Jenny's border are too big and are distracting. I made a single Irish chain last year with mini 9 patches exactly like this but did not do a border. It was kind of a dare to see if I could actually finish a whole quilt with 3 inch squares, or if it would turn into a UFO.

Comment

I love this pattern! I think with Jenny’s tricks and tips it makes it very doable. I adore working on tiny pieces. I am currently doing a postage stamp quilt with 1” finished blocks! No strips and no two fabrics alike. It is a lot of color and patterns with little eye resting spots, but a lot of great memories.

Comment

I've done this size before, not in a bedsized quilt.
            Katrina
            “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I loved this pattern. It's on my bucket list :-)
              https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
              Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

I love it, but not certain I can keep those seams straight, or cut that accurate. Maybe one day when I grow up.

Comment

I know I would not have the patience to make such small blocks. That's one reason why I don't make any of Bonnie Hunter's quilts -- too small of scraps!

Comment

Love the block...to small for me.....but I am wondering how she managed to get her nails done, lol...someone did not social distance😋 😋
                    Last edited by auntiemern; May 2, 2020, 10:18 PM.
                    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                    sigpic

Comment

• chelea
                      chelea commented
                      Editing a comment
                      press on...in a tutorial a while back one popped off and she was hysterical
                  Working...
                  X