Opinion needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion needed

I’m working on this Ohio Star pattern, I like it but I don’t love it. I still have to make some more blocks and the sashing will have cornerstones. Options on what I can do to jazz it up. I’m used to bold bright quilts, but this one just seems blah, to me.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Patchwork Barb; April 30, 2020, 11:53 PM.

What if you try auditioning it with a color or print sashing? Either way, it is still a nice quilt.

Comment

It’s gonna be beautiful! I think cornerstones and borders will change the look completely. If you’re wanting something different, maybe a print sashing with “background” cornerstones. Try auditioning like Karen mentioned......you’ll pick a winner!
      💫 Star lover

Comment

That was my suggestion, too. Colored sashing with background fabric corner stones, or maybe no corner stones at all.

Comment

What about adding a few smaller stars for interest. Maybe in the corners?

Comment

I like the idea of a print sashing rather than the white, maybe even a sashing made with a striped piece, print/white/print.
            One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

Do you remember the Under the Stars pattern... what about using that sashing idea. You'd have stars with your corner stones. Use a bright color for your sashing and maybe a starry color for the stars.
              Katrina
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

it looks like the side sashings are already attached so instead of going with print sashing I would make the cornerstones in a mix of your brightest colors. Then I would make the border a brighter print that ties it all together. And remember quilting always adds so much.

Comment

I like these blocks and agree with others advice. I think it would look more balanced if you swap out the red block in row 2 with the lime green one so both red blocks are in the middle.

Comment

Thanks ladies for all your wonderful suggestions. I will audition a few.

Comment

I think it's beautiful but I would add a colour cornerstone. What about making as the 'Frienship star' cornerstone, as shown in Jenny's tutorial. See my quilt where I made star cornerstone.
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
                      X