Decisions, decisions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decisions, decisions!

Have you ever started a quilt and after putting a few rows together you see a secondary pattern? My problem is I like the secondary pattern better and want it to shine in the quilt but in order for this to happen I need to start with row B's and end also with row B and add 2 extra columns to the quilt. Now to decide, cut more fabrics-good thing this is a scrappy quilt and make more blocks or just go on as originally planned. I think I will just make more pillow cases for now and decide later.
    One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

I am usually sorry when I deviate from my original plan, will be anxious to see what others have to say....

Comment

I say go with your gut feeling unless this is a quilt that someone is paying you to make for them. I design about 90% of my quilts by the seat of my pants, which means I basically take a pattern Or a picture I like & a bunch of fabric I like & dive in. I usually have an idea in my head but I change my mind a lot throughout the process. I seldom buy patterns, I usually just work from my own idea or a picture I see. It’s never a mistake, just a design choice. LOL
      May the road rise up to meet you...
      May the wind be always at your back...
      May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
      Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

As Quiltfreestyle says, I choose the fabrics that I like and decide what I am going to do with them when I have them in my hands and sometimes I change the blocks that I do not like for others that seems more beautiful to me, so you decide how wants to see his finished quilt

Comment

My vote is to go with your gut. This is part of the beauty of a scrappy quilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Quiltfreestyle View Post
            I say go with your gut feeling unless this is a quilt that someone is paying you to make for them. I design about 90% of my quilts by the seat of my pants, which means I basically take a pattern Or a picture I like & a bunch of fabric I like & dive in. I usually have an idea in my head but I change my mind a lot throughout the process. I seldom buy patterns, I usually just work from my own idea or a picture I see. It’s never a mistake, just a design choice. LOL
            This is what I do. I'm not a great "envisioner" and sometimes I
            realize that what I had in mind needs a little tweaking.

Comment

Working...
            X