BL Jazz II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BL Jazz II

I have a BL brilliant, and since I got it a year and a half ago, I’ve gotten really into FHQ (OK, I’ve put in close to a million stitches since the start of our shelter in place...maybe it’s closer to an obsession😉) The proprietor of my local sewing shop who sold me the original machine recommended that I look into the Jazz II. I’m not really sold on the extra throat space argument - pictures make it seem like fairly low vertical clearance, and I’ve quilted a queen sized quilt backed in minky on my Brilliant, thank you very much. But he also claimed that the lockstitch that the Jazz does adds an extra twist to the thread compared to the Brilliant, and this adds extra loft or depth to the quilting you do with it. I have not been able to verify this claim on-line. Anyone here heard something like this?

I never heard anything about that. But check out the sale on it here at M*
    https://mosew.com/product/baby-lock-jazz/
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

• K. McEuen
      K. McEuen commented
      Editing a comment
      Lorie, that is Missouri Sewing Machine Co. not M*

I'm wondering how they are getting away with selling the higher prices machines online. You know how Babylock is about that.

• SagedCrone
      SagedCrone commented
      Editing a comment
      But M* does sell this machine.
      https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...ilting-machine
      Everyone has the same price on it and I've been looking at it hard to purchase. I had all intentions of purchasing it when I went for the retreat that has been cancelled. I'm scheduled to go in Nov but don't want to wait that long and may purchase before hand and let them ship it, although that scares me a bit.

• Hulamoon
      Hulamoon commented
      Editing a comment
      I've had a couple of machines shipped and all my printers too. they are always packed really well.I'm surprised about the shipping. My shop offered it because of the virus, but never would of done that before.

oopsie. lol. Yeah I do know, don't know what I was thinking.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Mdtrimble View Post
      ... But he also claimed that the lockstitch that the Jazz does adds an extra twist to the thread compared to the Brilliant, and this adds extra loft or depth to the quilting you do with it. I have not been able to verify this claim on-line. Anyone here heard something like this?
      Nope- bogus claim. A safe one though because so few know what really happens beneath the needle plate, so no one will call him on it. He probably doesn't know either.
      It doesn't happen and the way a lockstitch is formed in modern sewing machines, there's no opportunity to change the stitch formation.

Most likely what he's talking about is the change in the thread path on the bobbin thread since it's a top-loading bobbin. There is a difference in how the hook picks up the top thread, but it doesn't alter how the stitch is formed, or add anything to the stitch. Top-loading bobbin machines have a poor reputation for thread handling in FMQ mode. I'd bet he's attempting to put a different spin on this to counter the negatives at sale time.

You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

Working...
      X