Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you made any/seen any cute face masks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you made any/seen any cute face masks?

Like most of you, I am the designated mask maker in my family. My dd's work (Amazon) is having a face mask contest this week for the cutest or most creative mask. I think if I make a red rectangular mask I could put some felt eyes and short curved arms and legs on it to make it look like a crab. I even have some red glitter fabric I could use. That's the only cute thing I can think of but I am open to other suggestions. Thanks.

I saw a mask with big red lips painted on it in a Mona Lisa smile. And you could also "fold" the lips up so that the mask was now a full, toothy grin. I can see you do big red lips with your red glitter fabric, maybe?
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

I saw a man in the grocery store with a black mask that had vampire teeth/mouth either painted on or the fabric was printed with it.

Comment

kayamask.jpgMy Grandaughter also works for Amazon, and sent me this pic of the mask she made for work a couple weeks ago. Needless to say, she was innundated with requests from coworkers! My talented Grand!
        sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

• Cokie
          Cokie commented
          Editing a comment
          This is just too cute!!

• EnumclawGramma
          EnumclawGramma commented
          Editing a comment
          She made the pattern for this one. And then later perfected it after I gave her a hand me down Pfaff and some fabric. This one....she sewed by HAND.

When speaking to my 4 year old grandson yesterday, I shared he had a package coming in the mail. He was so excited to be getting his own masks. When asked what pictures did he think I used on the masks, ie which fabrics had I used, he immediately launched into “faces.” He imagined I had made different animal faces for each family member and spoke on at length on each. Wish I had thought of it!

Comment

Cute LIbby!

If you do a goggle there are so many kooky ones.

pig mask.jpg picking nose.jpg
          Last edited by Hulamoon; April 27, 2020, 12:00 PM.
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

Oh my goodness! Those are funny. However, I don't think any of them would be kosher for the work place. I used Donna Jordan's tutorial to make my masks. I liked it better than either of Jenny's. I think the ties work better than the elastic & are easier on the ears, esp. if it has to be worn for several hours at a time. The ties also fit more various sized heads. I cut the ties 2-1/4" wide, rather than 2.5". For the nose "wire" I used twist ties for sandwich bags or the long,sturdier green ones that come around a bunch of romaine lettuce. You can get several 3" lengths from one of those.

Later: I left the Forum to go on a search; my curiosity got the best of me. I searched for "unique face masks". Etsy popped up, so I checked theirs out. So many funny ones & various styles. They range in price from $6. to $25. with the ave. price maybe $10. - 15.
            Last edited by JCY; April 27, 2020, 09:04 PM. Reason: Additional Info.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
              SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
              Editing a comment
              Joy, I downloaded Donna Jordan's mask for postal workers. I think it would be more comfortable.

saw one somewhere....Pinterest I think, that had "if you can read this, you are too close" embroidered on it. Had a smiling emoji added. Thought it was cute. Also saw one that had a clear vinyl insert where the mouth is to use around deaf people so they could read lips. And so a smile can be seen as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphy224 View Post
            saw one somewhere....Pinterest I think, that had "if you can read this, you are too close" embroidered on it. Had a smiling emoji added. Thought it was cute. Also saw one that had a clear vinyl insert where the mouth is to use around deaf people so they could read lips. And so a smile can be seen as well.
            That was a good article on the Trader Joe employee. Although I did not care for their overuse of ". And the "anxiety". It is not so called, it actually is anxiety. It is like putting a seeing person in a totally dark room with cotton balls in their ears and saying, okay now I want you to find the door to get out but you can't have anyone help you.
            I am partially deaf. I can't hear people walk up behind me, on one side, or whisper. It is very frustrating right now if I venture from home or places masks are needed. 😑

Comment

• grammaterry
              grammaterry commented
              Editing a comment
              I get you. I read lips as a supplement to my partial hearing. Mustaches and beards are always a problem, but masks keep me really isolated. I have to ask DH what they said. We DO NOT wear masks.

I made this one for my supervisor's husband. He is a curmudgeonly deer hunter who isn't excited about having to wear a mask. Although this will undoubtedly offend some folks, it suits him to a T.

fullsizeoutput_2a16.jpeg

Comment

I made some masks with football fabric but nothing as unique as these pictures. The "boy"s liked them and now DGS wants one to match. I will make his from some dinosaur fabrics.

Comment

I don’t do much of attention towards face masks, but I know it’s very important to have them and use in public. Somebody thinks immune system is enough, I think also somehow that our health resists viruses, but after so many live cases I thought not to take the risk. I purchase
                earloop face mask with the lowest price. I take advantage of them because there are 50 pieces inside and I don’t need to worry about them. Who wants also can purchase from them. Just sharing good things. Take care all and don’t let the pandemic have you sick.
                Last edited by cherepashka; August 11, 2020, 03:39 PM.

Comment

• oldmanquilts
                  oldmanquilts commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Why not? Appearances are important to some people, and fueling their needs make the world go'round.

I had quit making masks but DIL mentioned which ones she was using a lot so made her a dozen more. They are just stash fabric, using up random pieces and fat quarters. I do like to make the front and back different fabrics so it is obvious which way they were on if they are taken off for eating.
                She mentioned she liked that the ties were free [not sewn down] in a casing on the sides so she could adjust the neck and head shorter or longer.

Comment

They are long gone now and I didn't take pics, I made some that I embroidered to say, "If you can read this, you are too close!" I had people say, "you need to make it smaller. I can read it from 20 feet." My comment was always, "well then, you are too close."
                  You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

I have made this pattern:
                    https://hellosewing.com/diy-scarf-face-mask/
                    I'm very hot natured and this one is too warm for me. My daughter-in-law will probably like it. She likes scarfs.
                    Vonnie

Comment

Working...
                    X