Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Quick question

    Which babylock machine does Jenny use in the latest tutorial. I'm sure it's very expensive and not even sure I can find in the UK but love how smooth running it is. Thanks

    #2
    I went and looked at the video and could tell right away it wasn't one of the top of the line bells and whistles machine, because I have one. I found a video of her studio and machines and I believe it is 'The Jane'.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTUd4rVOA8I

    Hope that helps!
    🌺 Lorie

    Comment


      #3
      Pretty sure she uses a Babylock Jane.
      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

      Marilyn......
      sigpic

      Comment


        #4
        Marilyn, that was my first guess also. Unfortunately, I don't think they make the Jane any longer.
        One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

        Beth aka Asta

        Comment


          #5
          You may want to check with a dealer as some machines were simply re-named last year.

          Comment


            #6
            this was on the tulip play lower down https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...stitch-machine hope this helps

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
              I went and looked at the video and could tell right away it wasn't one of the top of the line bells and whistles machine, because I have one. I found a video of her studio and machines and I believe it is 'The Jane'.

              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTUd4rVOA8I

              Hope that helps!
              Thanks for the link Hulamoon - unfortunately I see that video dates back to 2013 so maybe Trudy A is right. All I can find in the UK are mostly embellishers and overlockers (whatever they are🤔) The only sewing machine I could find here is a Shashiko which was around $2175 which didn't seem to offer a lot for that price!
              Any machine you can recommend which might be like the Jane in any make? My current machine is a modest Janome QC6260 which has been fine but I've had it a long time and hoping to find a wider throat. Thanks all for your input so far.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by sewUK View Post

                Thanks for the link Hulamoon - unfortunately I see that video dates back to 2013 so maybe Trudy A is right. All I can find in the UK are mostly embellishers and overlockers (whatever they are🤔) The only sewing machine I could find here is a Shashiko which was around $2175 which didn't seem to offer a lot for that price!
                Any machine you can recommend which might be like the Jane in any make? My current machine is a modest Janome QC6260 which has been fine but I've had it a long time and hoping to find a wider throat. Thanks all for your input so far.
                That Shashiko is a pretty cool machine, someone here has one, but yah it only does one thing. The Jane was a straight stitch machine and I'm thinking Juki for that. I just got a Pfaff and I love it!. I don't know which one would compare to the Jane though.

                http://www.pfaff.com/en-US/Machines#



                🌺 Lorie

                Comment


                  #9
                  This is a nice machine. I had a Viking before and loved it. It has a built in feeder like the Pfaff.

                  https://www.singer.com/sapphiretm-930-sewing-machine


                  https://babylock.com/machines/quilting/jazz-ii
                  Last edited by Hulamoon; April 20, 2020, 08:58 AM.
                  🌺 Lorie

                  Comment


                    #10
                    It appears the Jane has been replace with the Accomplish.
                    Similar machines in other brands are-
                    Janome 1600P-QC
                    Juki TL2000QI
                    Brother PQ1500S
                    You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I forgot I posted that Brother that OMQ mentioned on another sewing machine thread.

                      https://www.sewfinder.com/review/brother-pq1500sl

                      It was listed on Amazon, but not available right now.
                      https://www.amazon.com/Brother-PQ150...7a49c903db0db1

                      Maybe at a dealer? I have a non computerized Brother I got at Walmart. It seems all the fancy expensive machines won't do elastic shirring, so I bought it just for that.
                      🌺 Lorie

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Maybe Jenny needs to say what machine she's using on each tutorial. She always talks about what ruler or template for the project. Maybe include machine in instructions/materials needed. Just an idea. I've wondered about the machines at one time or another. Gina

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Thanks everyone. I want more than 'straight stitch' but not hundreds of fancy stitches - would like some of the bells and whistles which I don't have at the moment. Trouble is I think you have more choice over there in the US so will just have to go on searching🤔 but thanks again for your suggestions

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by geegeequilts View Post
                            Maybe Jenny needs to say what machine she's using on each tutorial. She always talks about what ruler or template for the project. Maybe include machine in instructions/materials needed. Just an idea. I've wondered about the machines at one time or another. Gina
                            Just noticed that the machine used in to-day's tutorial is mentioned in 'supplies needed' - see images. Not sure that happens every time.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X