Walking Foot Stitch Length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walking Foot Stitch Length

Does the walking foot ignore the stitch length I have set? I have set a 2.0 stitch length on my Baby Lock but the stitching when I have the walking foot on is much shorter. Thanks

Your stitch length will be whatever you have it set on, whether you're using a walking foot or reg. foot. When I'm using a walking foot, I usually have my stitch length set at 3.0 because I'm stitching through several thicknesses.

Comment

Stitch length does not change. The walking foot can only mimic the machines action of the feed dogs, and the lifting is controlled by the needle bar. Whatever is set is what it is. The walking foot is just along for the ride.

What you perceive as a shorter stitch may look that way as the top fabric is "pulled in," and hiding some of the definition you saw before when the top piece may have been stretched. The definition on the back (bobbin thread)is always better. Look there. Longer stitch lengths always have better definition as well.
      You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

What machine do you have with the WF?

Does it plug into the back of the machine? If so, make sure it is plugged in to the machine.

I have been able to change the stitch length on my Brother/BL machines. Check your manual. There is usually a guide about machine settings.

Comment

If sewing a quilt, the thickness of top, batting, backing, with make stitch shorter no matter the foot, stitch may need making longer to allow for this.
          If sewing 1 layer of fabric stitch should be as set.

Comment

Thanks, everyone. From what you have said I guess I perceive a problem I don't have. Must be the thickness of the fabric and batting. I will lengthen my stitch

Comment

Working...
            X